Which school has the best football stadium in the P12?

utenation

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a reason why Big 12 fans loved going to Boulder...just look at the photos above.

Those pictures are honestly not that impressive when compared to some of the other back drops in the conference IMO. They are nice no doubt but they don't stick out like the Washington or Cal backdrops do.  Fans in the big 12 probably liked coming to Colorado because it wasn't Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Mizzouri, or Nebraska.  In comparison to those places, I'm sure Boulder is fantastic. California, Washington, and Oregon are far more scenic than anywhere in the big 12. 

As far as views go, I'll take this one.  But not so much in terms of crowd noise or strong attendance.

lab-pano-home.jpg

Very nice.  It seems like the views from Cal's Memorial Stadium hasn't been emphasized that much.

I think Utah has one of the coolest back drops.. If you're into Mountains and all..

pt_header.jpg

Yes that is nice.  The Wastach Front's mountains tower over SLC more than the CO Front Range mountains tower above their cities.

The Rose Bowl - pretty cool

136_1rose_bowl_final.jpg

USC's Colisuem -- pretty boring IMO

031112.jpg

Props to you for a Rose Bowl photo while they were tearing up the UCLA football field.  As for USC, that's what you get with South Central I guess.

Those pictures are honestly not that impressive when compared to some of the other back drops in the conference IMO. They are nice no doubt but they don't stick out like the Washington or Cal backdrops do.  Fans in the big 12 probably liked coming to Colorado because it wasn't Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Mizzouri, or Nebraska.  In comparison to those places, I'm sure Boulder is fantastic. California, Washington, and Oregon are far more scenic than anywhere in the big 12. 

There's much more to just those views.  There is easy walking distance to Pearl Street Mall and the Market at 29th Street.  There are hotels at both shopping centers.

Pearl Street:

pearl-street-mall-boulder.jpg

Market at 29th Street:

29th-street-mall-boulder-colorado.jpg

Plus you can get on the bike path next to Folsom Field and go into the mountains.  Just watch out for those hungry mountain lions.

2.Bike_Path_Boulder_Canyon%3A70434.jpg

The convenice of Folsom Field to shopping, hotels, and the mountains really makes Folsom Field stick out.

After attending the 2013 Oregon @ Washington game, I agree that the new Husky Stadium is now the gem of the Pac-12. The setting on the lake with Mount rainier in the background is truly picturesque scenery, and most importantly, it's actually a good place to watch a football game now. From personal experience, however, I can tell you that when it's cold and raining and the wind is whipping through the Montlake Cut, it's as miserable a game day experience as I've ever had. In fact, this Saturday night could be ugly, although it's not going to be particularly cold.

From a surrounding countryside point of view, Autzen is pretty pastoral, and the Cascade Foothills are a ways off, so it really doesn't measure up. 

2608124660_1c3df5a3c3.jpg

But it's much more about the game itself.

Autzen-Stadium.jpg

Archived