The FCS Seal will be broken

MrBug708

CU had Grambling scheduled before but those plans fell through.  Would have been cool to have a HBCU marching band at Folsom Field doing the halftime show.

I am watching any FCS football game I can with my ESPN+ subscription and Big Sky football via Pluto TV this spring.  There has been some good games so far and it has been fun to watch other teams/conferences compared to what I have watched in the last 30 years.  With the NIL legislation at the federal level, I think it's a good time to check out other levels with that NIL legislation coming that could spark another round of realignment or maybe not.

I watched Southern-Alabama State last night and I think UCLA should take care of them next year.  They have mostly freshman QBs and one of them beat out several JUCO transfers.  MEAC seems like they are taking this spring off so there might not be anything to say about North Carolina Central at this point.

I feel the same about the FCS thing as I do the Pac-12 eight-game conference schedule:

I wish nobody did it because I think it needlessly wastes a week of the season, but if everyone is doing it, there is no reason our conference should be hurting ourselves.

That said, I think Bohn should be able to find lower-tier G5 opponents that are no different than scheduling an FCS team.

With Bohn as the USC AD, it would surprise me if he didn't get a FCS school on the USC schedule before long.  Before Bohn came, CU had that unbroken FCS seal then Montana State comes in and upsets the Buffs in Dan Hawkins' debut.  We beat Eastern Washington & lost to Sac State under Hawkins.  We also played Central Arkansas & Charleston Southern (replacement Frenso State game due to 2013 Colorado floods), Nichols State, Idaho State, Northern Colorado (will play them again this year), and New Hampshire.  I think all of those were scheduled by Bohn before he left Boulder.

Archived