2017 PAC-12 Conference Tournament

azgreg

larry scott: we need as few eyeballs on our championship games as possible. ideas?

staff member: let's play our football championship on a friday night.

larry scott: that's brilliant! but what about basketball? cbs gives us national exposure at a good time slot.

staff member: let's move to espn! they've got an opening at 8.

larry scott: eastern?

staff member: no, pacific! they're projecting fewer viewers than the west coast conference championship!

** leaping high five **

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, dtd said:

Oh stop. Gotta play the game. 

We've played 6 games against top 25 teams and have lost every single one.  Excuse me for not liking our chances.  Oregon has better players but even if they didn't, Counzo Martin vs Dana Altman is one of the conferences great coaching mismatches. 

9 minutes ago, glduck said:

larry scott: we need as few eyeballs on our championship games as possible. ideas?

larry scott: that's brilliant! but what about basketball? cbs gives us national exposure at a good time slot.

staff member: no, pacific! they're projecting fewer viewers than the west coast conference championship!

** leaping high five **

"But there's nothing Larry Scott can do about any of this.  We're not the SEC or the Big Ten... or the ACC, or the Big 12 okay. "

FWIW, Larry Scott just got his contract extended.  I guess we're in too deep with his 100% ownership experiment to back out now.  I don't understand how moving our conference championship events to time slots that more than half the country can't watch is good for our conference. 

27 minutes ago, glduck said:

** leaping high five **

Before you know it, Larry Scott will strike a deal to move the PAC12 Championship game to FS1.

Then we will hear all this BS about how the game "breaks FS1 TV Ratings records..................for Friday night FS1 broadcasts" which probably has little to no viewership.....ever.

Larry Scott: "SEE SEE, I TOLD YOU IT WOULD WORK!"

PAC12 ADs: "WHAT A SUCCESS! LETS GIVE LARRY SCOTT ANOTHER EXTENSION!"

Cal is already in the bonus 4 minutes into the second half.  What a fucking joke.  PAC 12 refs trying hard to get another PAC team into the NCAA tournament, but thankfully Cal sucks from the FT line so it's actually hurting the Bears until they hit the Double Bonus.

Just now, PapaG said:

Cal is already in the bonus 4 minutes into the second half.  What a fucking joke.  PAC 12 refs trying hard to get another PAC team into the NCAA tournament, but thankfully Cal sucks from the FT line so it's actually hurting the Bears until they hit the Double Bonus.

Those were all fouls.  Oregon is 1 foul away from the bonus too but I'm sure those are all legit. Clown take bro.

6 minutes ago, All Hail said:

Those were all fouls.  Oregon is 1 foul away from the bonus too but I'm sure those are all legit. Clown take bro.

Yeah and Benson just got tripped twice and no fouls.  Enjoy your gifts.  What a joke.

9 minutes ago, PapaG said:

Yeah and Benson just got tripped twice and no fouls.  Enjoy your gifts.  What a joke.

Yeah, and Onroh just got hit and no call.  Oregon gets a joke intentional that both announcers disagree with. Cal now has more fouls than Oregon.  Enjoy your gift.  sad. Clown take bro.

2 minutes ago, All Hail said:

You are a true clown.  Cal hit a 3 but was called off because of that foul.  

Oh I'm sorry.  I don't remember the last time I saw a team get into the bonus before the Under 16 timeout of the second half.

Archived