ESPN to start its own streaming service

PAC MAN

42 minutes ago, glduck said:

when a poster scoffs at politifact but tries to make a point backed by outkickthecoverage and Fox News.

Politifact is about as reliable as Snopes.  Not very factual.  The FoxNews jab tells me gl is a flaming leftist, which is fine, bit it's an obvious tell.

All I care is if I can keep streaming ESPN on my phone from my Xfinity account.  I don't need to watch these SJWs or alt-right commenters on any network, let alone ESPN.

You political wonks continue to save the world one key stroke at a time.  It's highly effective, obviously, considering the two historically awful candidates we had for president.  I'm waiting for Saturday morning and some football.

14 minutes ago, PapaG said:

Politifact is about as reliable as Snopes.  Not very factual.  The FoxNews jab tells me gl is a flaming leftist, which is fine, bit it's an obvious tell.

All I care is if I can keep streaming ESPN on my phone from my Xfinity account.  I don't need to watch these SJWs or alt-right commenters on any network, let alone ESPN.

You political wonks continue to save the world one key stroke at a time.  It's highly effective, obviously, considering the two historically awful candidates we had for president.  I'm waiting for Saturday morning and some football.

Snopes and Politifact are perfectly reliable, because they lay out their case and cite source material for all of their claims.  Granted, it's not Alex Jones screaming that libtards are making frogs gay, but they're doing their best.

You really equate "SJWs" with 'Alt Right"?  You realize that Alt-Right is just a churched-up name for white supremacists and neo-nazis, right?  SJW stands for "Social Justice Warrior", which is a sarcastic moniker used against anyone who thinks that gays, transgenders, people of color, etc., should be treated with dignity.  Basically, you're scoffing at the notion of being fair to historically marginalized people.

How does that make you feel superior, exactly?

36 minutes ago, Possumslayer said:

Legislative, judicial and executive.

you antifa's gonna protest ole miss coming to California?

just the opposite, glad you hill people are no longer afraid of those flying metal birds and are taking the time to leave the confederacy to play a game.

1 hour ago, PapaG said:

re: politifact, that argument would go a lot farther if every time politifact ruled in a conservative's favor the links weren't thrown at me like they were gospel. 

honestly, I've known for quite some time that the two of us disagree politically -- to keep this quasi-sports related, and thus keeping it here on the main board instead of the political board, i was hoping someone would be able to counter my argument about espn. jalapeno has tried and failed several times over, but i was interested in hearing some new takes (namely, you and the utah fan).

Beavs78 got triggered again.  LOL he's so emotional.  This Hill person has had three shows canceled on ESPN, a 4th just around the corner, yet ESPN for some odd and unknown reason keeps her on the payroll.  Gee, it's such a mystery as to why that would be...

YIKES!  According to Cowherd, last year's decline was because of the election.  What will the excuse be this year?  I don't see how insulting people struggling to make games a priority to attend, let alone watch is a good business model, but then again I'm not smart like ESPN and Orange.

2017 NFL TV RATINGS - Week 1
sports media watch.com ^ 

Posted on 9/13/2017, 9:09:35 PM by 11th_VA

SNF NYG-DAL NBC +2%

Late DH SEA-GB FOX -18%

Kickoff KC-NE NBC -14%

Single Various CBS -18%

Early DH PHI-WSH FOX -28%

10 hours ago, PapaG said:

YIKES!  According to Cowherd, last year's decline was because of the election.  What will the excuse be this year?  I don't see how insulting people struggling to make games a priority to attend, let alone watch is a good business model, but then again I'm not smart like ESPN and Orange.

sports media watch.com ^ 

SNF NYG-DAL NBC +2%

Late DH SEA-GB FOX -18%

Kickoff KC-NE NBC -14%

Single Various CBS -18%

i'm confused, who is this directed to? the nfl? what is the nfl doing to insult people struggling to make/watch games?

17 hours ago, PapaG said:

Beavs78 got triggered again.  LOL he's so emotional.  This Hill person has had three shows canceled on ESPN, a 4th just around the corner, yet ESPN for some odd and unknown reason keeps her on the payroll.  Gee, it's such a mystery as to why that would be...

Lol, I'm triggered?

Before I even weighed in you were squawking like a baby about "unhinged liberals" and demanding the firing of an ESPN personality that heretofore none of us had heard of.  Because.....she tweeted.

Go to your safe space.  Which, these days I guess is a Klan rally.  Your opinion is not widely shared.  Hence you squirting threads with political outrage on the football forum.

14 hours ago, PapaG said:

sports media watch.com ^ 

SNF NYG-DAL NBC +2%

Late DH SEA-GB FOX -18%

Kickoff KC-NE NBC -14%

Single Various CBS -18%

Who is the NFL/ESPN/NBC/Fox/CBS insulting exactly?

Are you really making the argument that people are avoiding football because Colin Kaepernick sits?  (even though he's not on a team)

And you call me triggered.  Wow.  You've been an overly emotional train wreck on numerous message boards with me, gl, bug, don, etc., for nearly 2 decades, so it's gotta take some balls to fire the invective you're currently going with.

Black people are sick of being shot by cops for no reason.  Most of the players you cheer for are black.  Sorry, but occasionally you'll be exposed to that not-white-surburbia perspective you apparently loathe.

On 9/13/2017 at 7:58 AM, Utefan1211 said:

Michael Jordan is a billionaire for keeping his mouth shut. In a recent interview, he was being baited into sharing his political thoughts.  His answer, "Republicans buy sneakers and attend basketball games too." 

Millions of us go out of our way to not support companies that go out of their way to go against our common beliefs and push it in our faces.  People are not attending movies at the same rate, ESPN is way down in viewership, Target is suffering.  The NFL is way down in viewership. The smartest companies simply stick to what they know and stay out of the political spotlight. Once you choose, you run the risk of alienating 50% of your audience. 

That seems about right.  People are so sick of politics and sports was long an escape from reality after working hard at work during the week and now it doesn't appear to be the case.  I'm curious to see what the NBA's ratings are going to be like since LeBron James has been outspoken this summer about politics.  I don't think fans really care about where an athlete stands politically, they want to be entertained.  If the fans are no longer entertained, they would go elsewhere for entertainment.

Archived