P12 Network is desperate

utenation

Wow... Here’s an idea. Top P12 brass all got performance bonuses right before the conference brought out the axe for furloughs and layoffs.. To the tune of $4 mill. Scott apparently got $2.2 million. Now that is fantastic leadership. This reminds me of Clark Griswold’s moron boss in Christmas Vacation... Families out of work but the guys responsible for having us look like the worst P5 conference revenue wise all got their checks..

Unbelievable. That money should have went to save jobs or at worst, back to the schools..

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/9/21/21450030/report-commissioner-other-pac-12-officials-received-bonuses-before-layoffs-furloughs-larry-scott

image.jpeg.a081b9e457cbc434eadc532a85c824c9.jpeg

16 hours ago, utenation said:

Wow... Here’s an idea. Top P12 brass all got performance bonuses right before the conference brought out the axe for furloughs and layoffs.. To the tune of $4 mill. Scott apparently got $2.2 million. Now that is fantastic leadership. This reminds me of Clark Griswold’s moron boss in Christmas Vacation... Families out of work but the guys responsible for having us look like the worst P5 conference revenue wise all got their checks..

Unbelievable. That money should have went to save jobs or at worst, back to the schools..

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/9/21/21450030/report-commissioner-other-pac-12-officials-received-bonuses-before-layoffs-furloughs-larry-scott

image.jpeg.a081b9e457cbc434eadc532a85c824c9.jpeg

Well that's not very American of you....

On 8/28/2020 at 8:56 AM, Orange said:

Hansen served for 26 years?!

Scott was supposed to take us into the future, and he's arguably worse than Hansen.

I'm not too familiar with Hansen's shortcomings or never really got into the inner workings of the Pac-12 until CU joined the conference.  What was so bad about Hansen?  Just curious.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not buying that there wasn't a market for a Pac-12 network, more like the Scott & the conference yet again thought too highly of themselves and placed restrictions on a partnership which soured the viability of a jointly operated network.  The shutdown has shown that their is a demand for Pac-12 content and we know ESPN made an offer a couple years ago to partner with the Pac-12 with the network that was turned down at the time. 

Network solution seems rather simple,

1. Fire the doofus

2. Hire someone competent to replace said doofus

3. Have university presidents step back and allow their guy to do his job

4. Shift the network priorities to cover football/basketball over all else 

5. kick ASU out of the Pac-12

5A. Sell off part of network to ESPN or Fox... with upcoming media contract 

6. Profit

• 5 months later...
On 3/18/2021 at 3:24 PM, Jalapeno said:

Also Wilner has something to say about the P12N.  I think the end is near.

The thing I took from that article is, we need to get to the table this fall.  With ESPN suffering some subscriber losses as well and the B10 contract up before ours is, we can't wait..  11 of our media markets are in the top 22, all 12 are in the top 30. I hope our presidents get this one right.

8 hours ago, utenation said:

The thing I took from that article is, we need to get to the table this fall.  With ESPN suffering some subscriber losses as well and the B10 contract up before ours is, we can't wait..  11 of our media markets are in the top 22, all 12 are in the top 30. I hope our presidents get this one right.

I’m with you on the need to act ASAP.  I did tweet Wilner directly about the P12 and streaming channels.  He followed up on a Hotline article saying the P12N can’t have its own streaming channel due to the contract.  It sounded like the P12 can just negotiate a new deal that takes effect immediately and tear up the current contract.  Right now we need a new commissioner in place and I don’t think those type of deals can be negotiated in a short time span between July 1sr and the start of football season.  We’ll see about that otherwise 2022 would be the start date and we could synch up the timing with the B10.

Archived