Bowl Games: A Thread

glduck

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/14/2022 at 10:48 AM, Mano said:

As long as all P5 conference champs automatically qualify, I would be fine with 8.

I have mixed emotions.  I think that’s the only way it gets done, and there should be some reward for winning the conference.  That said, it’s in the realm of possibility a conf champ is not even top 10.  Would they really deserve a spot?

On 1/14/2022 at 10:52 AM, CRBuff said:

I have mixed emotions.  I think that’s the only way it gets done, and there should be some reward for winning the conference.  That said, it’s in the realm of possibility a conf champ is not even top 10.  Would they really deserve a spot?

Same as for most every other sport. The top 10 is pretty meaningless, as it is a beauty contest and not a lot of interconference games, whereas winning the conference is an actual achievement that is theoretically attainable by every team in a league.

Whether they explicitly state the P5 + next highest rated conference champion, or the conference champions of the 6 highest rated conferences using a BCS type metric, I think this would be the only legitimate way pick a champion. 

Archived