Athletic Facilities

PAC MAN

No, Bug probably knows better than I do, but I think the football only facility breaks ground in a few months and the basketball facilities should break ground around the sametime.

I'm pretty sure there is some type of football facility going up around UCLA's practice fields.. There were a few cranes there last year.  Not exactly sure what it is. But it looks like the Wasserman Center will begin in 10-2015..

Either way, I don't think improved facilities give any team some type of an advantage in a conference already loaded with nice facilities..  The way Jalapeno was talking, once CU is done with their facilities, they will all of a sudden be a conference wrecking ball.. 

I'm pretty sure there is some type of football facility going up around UCLA's practice fields.. There were a few cranes there last year. Not exactly sure what it is. But it looks like the Wasserman Center will begin in 10-2015..

Either way, I don't think improved facilities give any team some type of an advantage in a conference already loaded with nice facilities.. The way Jalapeno was talking, once CU is done with their facilities, they will all of a sudden be a conference wrecking ball..

The football facility will be built across from the practice fields, I think the construction you saw was the hotel and conference center that is being built of the other side.

http://www.cusustainableexcellence.com/#105M

CU has raised $75,781,589 out of $105,000,000 for the entire project plus an endowment.

Endowment: $18,136,323 out of $20,000,000

Capital: $57,645,266 out of $85,000,000

Not bad for a football program that has been in the dumps for nearly a decade.

According to your link, CU has Raised $75,781,589 total, which includes the endowment.

CU has raised $57,645,266 of "capital," which isn't defined, and an Endowment of $18,136,323, which added to the "capital" equals a total of $75,781,589

According to your link, CU has Raised $75,781,589 total, which includes the endowment.

CU has raised $57,645,266 of "capital," which isn't defined, and an Endowment of $18,136,323, which added to the "capital" equals a total of $75,781,589

Has Cal even paid back that much money on Memorial Stadium yet?  :)

Cool Videos. The one inside the torch sure shows the age of the Coliseum with all the crumbling concrete.

I just hope that when CU is done building their Tunderdome, teams come out alive.."2 men enter, 1 man leaves!!!!"

mad-max-beyond-thunderdome.jpg

Maybe Ralphie will be replaced by Master Blaster to greet the crowd?

gung-ho-sci-fi-master-blaser-left-side.j

I LOL'd when I saw Graham comment that ASU was going to have better facilities than Oregon. 

If he said that, he's just blowing more smoke as usual.. Best used car salesman I've ever seen..  To be fair, I respect the way Todd has brought life back to ASU and he even reached into his own pocket for facilitiy donations.. I think their plan including a revamped, lower capacity stadium is perfect.. I always hated how they considered a 10 inch space a "counted" seat. I went to many AZ Cardinals games back in the day.. Not a very fan friendly stadium..

I think most of the conference has built or has something in the works that is functionally comparable to the conference and other P5 conferences but when it comes to extras and first class material, Oregon has no rival.. I had a wood business customer that did a lot of work on OR's faclities when Chip was there.. He said cost was never an issue and they always wanted the finest material money could buy.. They even tore down nearly completed projects that didn't quite look right and started from scratch..

Take shots at Phil's deep pockets all you want but there isn't one school that would turn a donor like that away..  

I went to many AZ Cardinals games back in the day.. Not a very fan friendly stadium..

If you are a fan who appreciates great sight lines and being on top of the action, Sun Devil Stadium is hard to beat.

We also have the loudest student section in the West.

Get back to me when we finish the $256 million in upgrades for 2017: new luxury suites, new concessions, new restrooms, new video system, new sound system, new football-only training facility built into the stadium north end zone, replacement of bench seating with new improved seats and improved leg room.

If you are a fan who appreciates great sight lines and being on top of the action, Sun Devil Stadium is hard to beat.

We also have the loudest student section in the West.

Get back to me when we finish the $256 million in upgrades for 2017: new luxury suites, new concessions, new restrooms, new video system, new sound system, new football-only training facility built into the stadium north end zone, replacement of bench seating with new improved seats and improved leg room.

As previously mentioned in my above post, once the stadium is complete, it should be first class and much needed.. I'm impressed with what's going on.