The Way Too Early PAC12 2023 Football Projection

HLB

On 8/10/2023 at 9:06 AM, HLB said:

There are more blacks that voted for Trump than you realize.  The media just doesn't promote that fact.  The liberal-leaning media outlets only want to promote anything that can be perceived as racist.

"Liberal Leaning" media like the Brookings Institution?  Biden DOMINATED the black vote, as has every Democratic president since about 1964.

1. Contrary to the fears of some Democrats, Biden maintained solid support among African Americans. Biden received 92% of the Black vote, statistically indistinguishable from Hillary Clinton’s 91% in 2016. His support among Black women was never in doubt, but President Trump’s alleged appeal to Black men turned out to be illusory. (His share of the Black male vote fell from 14% in 2016 to 12% in 2020 while Biden raised the Democrats’ share from 81% to 87%.) African Americans confirmed their status as a unique group of voters for whom the contemporary Republican Party holds no discernible appeal.

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/new-2020-voter-data-how-biden-won-how-trump-kept-the-race-close-and-what-it-tells-us-about-the-future/

Trump did more for my community (the black community) than Obama.  Obama disappointed a lot of Black Americans by not doing much, at all, for Black America.

Utter bullshit.  Obama increased access to Medicaid for 10s of millions of Americans, including millions of minorities.  Trump tried (and thankfully failed) to extinguish those gains.  Luckily for people like you who hate helping people in need, Republicans in red states stripped Medicaid expansion for millions who would otherwise be eligible on the rolls.

In 2013, before Medicaid expansion went into effect, 40.2% of the Hispanic/Latino population, 24.4% of the Black population, and 14.5% of the white population were uninsured. By 2021, those numbers fell to 24.5%, 13.5%, and 8.2%, respectively.

https://news.yahoo.com/medicaid-obamacare-minorities-study-190333077.html

To that end, have you ever lived in a diverse city or state?  Oregon's black population is barely more than 1%.  The fact is, you've never lived in a community, gone to a school or attended a college where 40-60% of the population is Black Americans.  You don't know what living in a community that is diverse is like.  You only know what you read in your liberal books, magazines and see on your liberal networks.

I have no fucken idea what this is supposed to mean.  If I only lived in Atlanta I would think that black people don't deserve healthcare or something?

I can tell you, as a Black American male, there are as many black racist as there are white racist. 

Considering how white people have treated black people in this country, they have a right to be racist.  And their racism hardly affects white people, since white people still control all the levers of power in every state legislature in the country, including states with "40-60% black" populations that you hail as utopias.

But that fact doesn't sell newspapers or pull in viewers, so it's not mentioned.  If it were mentioned, the outlets that would mention it would be called racist, when in fact, they would only be stating the truth.

There are many bad behaviors that are performed by bad black actors, that cause me difficulty, because I get lumped in with them, because of the color of my skin.

Like being a dipshit racist?  Sorry, you don't get to blame other blacks for that.  Only yourself.

Move to Atlanta, or anyone of many southern cities, and learn what a diverse community really looks like, and you will find more reverse racism taking place, with black on whites, than the racism you think you know so much about, when in fact you know nothing about. 

https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/fatal-police-shootings-of-unarmed-black-people-in-us-more-than-3-times-as-high-as-in-whites/

"rEveRse RaciSM" like this?:

Fatal police shootings of unarmed Black people in US more than 3 times as high as in Whites

Again, you live in a state that is 98% white.  It could be argued that your state is racist against black citizens living in your state, given that the statistics of demographics prove this to be true.

Oregon absolutely has a racist past, and everyone on this site admits that when you bring this dumb shit up.

FYI, Oregon is 80% white, dumbshit: https://worldpopulationreview.com/states/oregon-population

You're the racist.  You choose not to live among Black Americans, like me, and instead live in what could be considered a state that is a White Supremacist state.  You don't want to live in a diverse community.

Uh, I live in the state where I was born.  I didn't choose it.  At least my state didn't secede from the Union for the right to own black people.   Holy fucking shit, talk about the George Wallace calling the Kettle racist.

And btw, the "racist" white citizens in the south, are the democrats.  It is the democrats, and their political leaders, that fought to keep blacks out of white schools, prevent blacks from attending state colleges, and wanted blacks to ride in the back of the bus.  They wanted blacks to have their own restaurants and bathrooms, and not dine with whites, or use restrooms that were for "whites only".

I'm highlighting each of the past tenses you used to point out that even YOU realize this is a fucking canard for a modern argument, and completely misunderstands the history of political party drift in the U.S. from the Dixiecrats to Republicans.

Anyway, if Democrats are the racists in the South, then why is it only Republicans who are fighting to keep statutes of confederate generals up in public squares?  If those are all emblematic of "Democrat" racism, surely you won't mind if we tear them all down?

I've lived it.  You - up in your White Supremacist state of Oregon - have never lived it.  And its why I chose to be a conservative republican, because it is republicans who fought for blacks to integrate into white schools, attend state universities, share restaurants, restrooms, and sit in the front of the bus.  The conservative white republican - Trump included - has fought to free blacks from slavery, and to give Black America a chance to be all that they can be. 

This is maybe the dumbest fucking paragraph I've ever read.  Trump freed blacks from slavery, you utter dipshit?  How do you even chew solid food?

"Frederick Douglass is being recognized more and more!" - Trump, who definitely has no clue who Fred Douglass was.

The liberal white democrats only want to use Black America for votes, and to "control" black citizens, and not allow Black America to grow, excel and become all that they can be.

Are you calling 92% of black voters stupid?  Is that your thesis?  That they're so stupid, they don't know they're voting for the party that wants to control and stifle and enslave them?  Weird.

You have no idea of what you're talking about with racism.  Again, I've lived it.  You've only read about it from a liberal media outlet that wants to condemn conservatives by calling them racist, and pit Black America against conservatives, who want Black Americans to be successful and prosperous.

Yes, that's why black conservatives are ending Affirmative Action, starving Medicaid for poor black citizens, increasing funding for cops who disproportionately target black citizens, and specifically targeted the black community with higher minimum prison sentences for crack than for cocaine, with the intent of imprisoning more blacks.  The list of reasons why conservatives hate blacks and other minorities is legion.

On 8/10/2023 at 9:54 AM, PAC MAN said:

He wins 10 this year in the PAC, he's as good as gone.

I think he'll stay longer than that, but depending on where OS lands in the conference bidding wars, he could well be gone before his contract expires in '29.

On 8/10/2023 at 11:22 AM, Orange said:

I think he'll stay longer than that, but depending on where OS lands in the conference bidding wars, he could well be gone before his contract expires in '29.

Getting OSU off to a good start in the new conference would be great.

On 8/10/2023 at 4:06 PM, Orange said:

Best-case scenario for Oregon State that I'm continuing to hang my hat on is a Big 12 invite with probationary period with reduced revenue.  MWC would be a death knell for the entire athletics program. 

Big 12 is meeting again tomorrow to discuss if they want to expand further.  Could be the PAC-4 schools.  Could be Gonzaga and UConn for non football sports and the Big 12 is working on becoming the SEC of men's basketball.

Right now, I don't see OSU in the MWC at all at this point because if the Big 12 doesn't pick OSU up, the AAC would pick the Beavs up.  SMU (current AAC member) was the third school along with Stanford & Cal that was trying to get into the Atlantic Coast Conference but failed.

Boise State and SDSU probably would join the AAC in 2025 due to that $34M exit fee for 2024 whereas they would pay half of that if they leave for 2025.

I think OSU's future will be clear after the Big 12 makes its decision tomorrow.

On 8/10/2023 at 4:06 PM, Orange said:

Best-case scenario for Oregon State that I'm continuing to hang my hat on is a Big 12 invite with probationary period with reduced revenue.  MWC would be a death knell for the entire athletics program. 

I'd rather have OSU in the B12 over CU. Much better athletic department and recent tangible results. T25 football program, stadium refresh, Elite 8 run in 2021. I also think the 3 G5 schools they added are trash. BYU is a good brand that puts butts in seats but they haven't done anything nationally recently. Their 2020 COVID Fake News run where they baked a bunch of cupcakes to stay in the rankings isn't valid in my book.  

I'm still not happy going to the B12 but as I've said all along, this move was survival. 

On 8/10/2023 at 4:23 PM, PAC MAN said:

Big 12 is meeting again tomorrow to discuss if they want to expand further.  Could be the PAC-4 schools.  Could be Gonzaga and UConn for non football sports and the Big 12 is working on becoming the SEC of men's basketball.

Right now, I don't see OSU in the MWC at all at this point because if the Big 12 doesn't pick OSU up, the AAC would pick the Beavs up.  SMU (current AAC member) was the third school along with Stanford & Cal that was trying to get into the Atlantic Coast Conference but failed.

Boise State and SDSU probably would join the AAC in 2025 due to that $34M exit fee for 2024 whereas they would pay half of that if they leave for 2025.

I think OSU's future will be clear after the Big 12 makes its decision tomorrow.

Why would Oregon State join the AAC before the MWC?  Either conference isn't going to pay them what they need to keep their big budget. And the AAC is much further for travel costs and wear and tear. The AAC has no power, no good teams left. Tulane and UTSA are decent I guess. 

On 8/10/2023 at 11:22 AM, Orange said:

I hope he stays. So much is on the line for Smith and OSU. I think they need to keep P5 status to keep him.  To keep recruiting up and to be able to pay him. 

On 8/11/2023 at 11:49 AM, utenation said:

I'd rather have OSU in the B12 over CU. Much better athletic department and recent tangible results. T25 football program, stadium refresh, Elite 8 run in 2021. I also think the 3 G5 schools they added are trash. BYU is a good brand that puts butts in seats but they haven't done anything nationally recently. Their 2020 COVID Fake News run where they baked a bunch of cupcakes to stay in the rankings isn't valid in my book.  

I'm still not happy going to the B12 but as I've said all along, this move was survival. 

Your irrational cu hatred has been noted.  And the truth is they would still take cu in this instance.  

On 8/11/2023 at 3:11 PM, Buff_Fan said:

Your irrational cu hatred has been noted.  And the truth is they would still take cu in this instance.  

Does Oregon State have much better and more recent success than CU on the football field and hardwood? The answer is yes. Not opinion. It’s a fact.  I like OSU as a conference mate much more than CU. 

I don’t like the 3 G5 trash schools added to the B12 either. 

Looks like you get your little feelers hurt everytime I tell the truth about CU.  Not my fault. 

Sorry, but your school sucking at sports isn’t my fault. 

On 8/11/2023 at 5:09 PM, utenation said:

Does Oregon State have much better and more recent success than CU on the football field and hardwood? The answer is yes. Not opinion. It’s a fact.  I like OSU as a conference mate much more than CU. 

I don’t like the 3 G5 trash schools added to the B12 either. 

Looks like you get your little feelers hurt everytime I tell the truth about CU.  Not my fault. 

Sorry, but your school sucking at sports isn’t my fault. 

Definitely not your fault, and frankly not that big of a deal…..My feelings are all good.  For some reason you whine about CU every single time any topic comes up.

And of course osu has been better than cu recently,  this is bigger than just recent success though.  They deserve much better, but a wrecking ball is being taken to this sport, and they are collateral damage.

On 8/11/2023 at 5:34 PM, Buff_Fan said:

Definitely not your fault, and frankly not that big of a deal…..My feelings are all good.  For some reason you whine about CU every single time any topic comes up.

And of course osu has been better than cu recently,  this is bigger than just recent success though.  They deserve much better, but a wrecking ball is being taken to this sport, and they are collateral damage.

I gave a hypothetical statement. My opinion.  Oregon State would likely add to the conference pool of $$. 

CU not so much. They add nothing. I don’t hate CU. I just feel they’re worthless to a conference. 

In terms of business, do you want to associate with successful people or bums? Easy answer for me. 

On 8/11/2023 at 5:39 PM, utenation said:

I gave a hypothetical statement. My opinion.  Oregon State would likely add to the conference pool of $$. 

CU not so much. They add nothing. I don’t hate CU. I just feel they’re worthless to a conference. 

In terms of business, do you want to associate with successful people or bums? Easy answer for me. 

Lol, We are going in our circle.  There are people that made these decisions that chose differently, and may know more than us.  Short term success doesn’t guarantee anything.  Heck, you could argue osu ahead of asu, cu, etc if you look only at football success.  

all of that said, we will see how things play out.  If nothing else, programs keep changing.  

On 8/11/2023 at 5:51 PM, Buff_Fan said:

Lol, We are going in our circle.  There are people that made these decisions that chose differently, and may know more than us.  Short term success doesn’t guarantee anything.  Heck, you could argue osu ahead of asu, cu, etc if you look only at football success.  

all of that said, we will see how things play out.  If nothing else, programs keep changing.  

So going back to irrational. Which is more irrational, wanting a winning program as a conference mate or listening to CU fans sell the world on the program being better because of a FCS coach’s success against low level competition? 

And yes, I would take recent success over 20 years of failure any day. 

On 8/11/2023 at 6:01 PM, utenation said:

So going back to irrational. Which is more irrational, wanting a winning program as a conference mate or listening to CU fans sell the world on the program being better because of a FCS coach’s success against low level competition? 

And yes, I would take recent success over 20 years of failure any day. 

Well cu will be better, that said you almost literally can’t be worse.  Will they be world beaters, of course not.  But they are more talented and the coaching staff is promising.  

I get what you are saying with your world of conference realignment, but there are other factors involved.  

On 8/11/2023 at 6:04 PM, Buff_Fan said:

Well cu will be better, that said you almost literally can’t be worse.  Will they be world beaters, of course not.  But they are more talented and the coaching staff is promising.  

I get what you are saying with your world of conference realignment, but there are other factors involved.  

I just gave my opinion of why I think OSU would be a better choice. I didn’t ask for any approval from CU fans. 

I also think the CU move by the B12 was just to lure the rest of the 4 corners because of added instability. I highly doubt they really think a bottom feeder in football and a non factor in hoops that doesn’t add any media value in a big pro sport’s market would be a conference cash cow. 

On 8/10/2023 at 11:38 AM, Orange said:

Liberal Leaning" media like the Brookings Institution?  Biden DOMINATED the black vote, as has every Democratic president since about 1964.

The Brooking's Institution is a research company, not a media outlet.  Liberal-leaning media outlets are MSNBC, CNN, NBC, and CBS, along with a multitude of sources of print.

And the Black vote will always be dominate for Democrats - for reasons many cannot understand.  The Democrats wanted slavery and segregation, and the Republicans abolished slavery and denounced segregation.

The Democrats have sold the majority of Black America on the ideology that Conservatives are against them.