P12 Hoops 23/24

utenation

On 3/25/2024 at 9:32 PM, Chile_Ute said:

Lady Utes starting to look like the men’s team…back to back to back 3’s for the Zags….bad TOs and shot selection on O.

I think last year’s Lady Ute team was better. We did lose to the eventual national champs LSU.  

My gameplan for the second half. Give it to Pili 4000 times in the post.  Or give her a screen on the 3 point line.  

I don’t think the ZAGS keep up their % from 3. 

But I don’t have a good feeling about a win here. I don’t like the home court for the higher seeds either like the NIT. 

It’s expensive to travel around the country for women’s sports but I think they could make something else work. 

On 3/25/2024 at 10:10 PM, Chile_Ute said:

I turned it off…need reserve for Wednesday against VCU.

Game over. Pili is gassed trying to carry the team. The Zags are 31-3 this year and have won 35 in a row in their high school gym. 

This game was over before it started. 

On 3/25/2024 at 10:50 PM, Trojan209 said:

Was hoping Utah could pull it off at the end there. I had mostly PAC12 schools in the Elite 8 in my bracket. 

Not with only 1 person scoring. That was an ugly performance by the rest of the team. 

On 3/27/2024 at 12:59 PM, utenation said:

@Chile_Ute, Utah by 5 tonight. Take that to the bank. Line is -8.5 Utah. Use your winnings to buy Chile Jr a new pair of cleats or Mrs. Chile a new dress.

You can thank me later with a good bottle of Whiskey.😁

He’s already geared out enough…and Mrs Chile isn’t a dress kind of gal.  Plus, I spent Fri-Sun in a sports book in ABQ….gambled enough to win $4.50.  Over the whole weekend.  Cheap entertainment….had 2 bad beats that would have paid out $80….looking at you Ducks.

First time I’ve done that, it was a blast….like a staycation and way cheaper than Vegas.

Hope our boys pull it together against VCU but I’m done holding my breath.

On 3/27/2024 at 7:45 PM, Chile_Ute said:

Pussies

Now that we are done in The Huntsman Center and have to play on a neutral court, here is the vision in my mind on how things will go. Lol. Utah is Chancellor Valorum. 

Btw. What an amazing season for Deivon Smith. 5 fucking Triple doubles this year as a 6 ft guard. 

Broke Jason Kidd’s long standing record of 4 in one season in the P12(10). 

I don’t think another Ute will beat this in my lifetime. 

On 3/27/2024 at 8:58 PM, utenation said:

Btw. What an amazing season for Deivon Smith. 5 fucking Triple doubles this year as a 6 ft guard. 

Broke Jason Kid’s long standing record of 4 in one season in the P12(10). 

I don’t think another Ute will beat this in my lifetime. 

Super impressive

On 3/28/2024 at 5:26 AM, Chile_Ute said:

😂 No slight….it was

Jan 11th we dump UCLA by almost 50 in SLC, the next game we lose to 13-17 Stanford on the road. 

I think our Huntsman Center party and season is over. 

We’ll see though. 

On 3/28/2024 at 12:34 PM, utenation said:

Jan 11th we dump UCLA by almost 50 in SLC, the next game we lose to 13-17 Stanford on the road. 

I think our Huntsman Center party and season is over. 

We’ll see though. 

At this stage, except for 16 NCAA tourney teams, the only thing that really matters is next year.  With the NIL mess we're in, teams like Drake, Pepperdine, and Stanford have pretty much lost their entire teams in this portal era.  CU hasthe top three going NBA, three more in the portal, and pretty much nothing left.  The question for Utah, as with ASU, Arizona, and CU, is what will be there to compete in the elevated competition of the Big-12?  ASU and CU look like they might have conference records of something like 4-16.  The Wildcats will be okay, although they won't rule the place like they did in the Pac with Houston, Baylor, KU, ISU, and TCU all in the way.  Utah seems to be more of a question mark on how they'll compete in the new sandbox.  What's the core coming back?  At CU, it's zero.  At Arizona, it's to be determined.