National Championship Game

HLB

Tonight's NCG should be a fantastic game.

The winner will be determined by which team controls the line of scrimmage and has the fewest mistakes. 

UW controlled the line of scrimmage against Texas, particularly against Texas' defense, and had significantly fewer mistakes.  Texas, despite physically getting out-played and having more mistakes (turnovers, sacks, penalties, etc.) still had a chance to win in the final 20 seconds.

And Michigan still had a chance to lose against Alabama, who shot themselves in the foot all night long.

Mistake-free football is the catalyst in a game that appears to be evenly matched.  My pick is that Washington will pull out the win because of Pennix and the UW receivers.

If this game gets into the mid 30's, I think Washington wins.  I can see Pennix throwing 5 TDs, to which Michigan won't be able to keep up.

If this game is below 35, Michigan has a chance to win, and "may" win.

My pick:  Washington 41, Michigan 31.

Enjoy the game!

LMAO. Now UW is suddenly a good team? And will beat Michigan?  Your story sure does change every week. 

On 10/23/2023 at 4:10 PM, HLB said:

Bold predictions:

USC loses two more games.

The PAC12 does not put a team in the CFP.

Washington loses to Oregon in the PAC12 Championship game.

Neither Penix nor Nix make the trip to NY for the Heisman ceremony.

On 12/17/2022 at 3:50 PM, HLB said:

Texas' 2022 recruiting class came in at #5.  Washington's recruiting class came in at #94.

Texas' 2023 recruiting class sits at #5.  Washington's recruiting class sits at #19.

In the 2022 transfer portal rankings, Texas came in at #5, including the #1 QB, while UW is at #25.

Texas also has the #1 QB in the nation coming in, in the 2023 class.

And last, I never said that UW wasn't improving, but I think (and it's just my opinion - you don't have to agree with it) Texas is a year or two from making an impact on the national scene.  UW (IMO) is not trending towards being an impact on the national scene of CFB.

No one said you had to agree.  It's just my opinion in making my pick for the game.

On 12/3/2023 at 5:46 PM, HLB said:

That being said, UW will lose handily to Michigan or Texas.

On 12/1/2023 at 10:43 PM, HLB said:

For starters, I never came on these message boards to degrade the PAC-12 and boast about the SEC. 

Here's an example of the reality that you don't want to hear .... UW can't beat Michigan, Texas, or Georgia - the teams most likely to also make the playoffs.  What's head shaking is the fact that everyone East of Colorado knows this and sees this, but people West of Colorado seem to be dumbfounded about that fact.

And I don't tell you this to be ugly.  I'm just a realist, and I call it as it is.  I'm sorry if that offends you.

On 11/19/2023 at 7:53 AM, HLB said:

Within the PAC, perhaps.  If anyone makes the CFP, they will get hammered by Georgia, Ohio State or Michigan.

In truth, the PAC doesn't any team that can beat the elites of CFB.

On 1/8/2024 at 5:04 AM, HLB said:

Tonight's NCG should be a fantastic game.

The winner will be determined by which team controls the line of scrimmage and has the fewest mistakes. 

UW controlled the line of scrimmage against Texas, particularly against Texas' defense, and had significantly fewer mistakes.  Texas, despite physically getting out-played and having more mistakes (turnovers, sacks, penalties, etc.) still had a chance to win in the final 20 seconds.

And Michigan still had a chance to lose against Alabama, who shot themselves in the foot all night long.

Mistake-free football is the catalyst in a game that appears to be evenly matched.  My pick is that Washington will pull out the win because of Pennix and the UW receivers.

If this game gets into the mid 30's, I think Washington wins.  I can see Pennix throwing 5 TDs, to which Michigan won't be able to keep up.

If this game is below 35, Michigan has a chance to win, and "may" win.

My pick:  Washington 41, Michigan 31.

Enjoy the game!

You might be THE LEAST knowledgeable sports prognosticator in history.  Skip Bayless is a savant compared to you.  

On 1/8/2024 at 6:04 AM, HLB said:

Enjoy the game!

Who do you think you are? Bob Barker or Pat Sajak running a gameshow here? "After your read my drivel folks, remember to enjoy the game!"

What we would enjoy is you never coming back. 

You remind of some 2 bit youtuber begging for likes and subscriptions to your 4 follower channel. 

• Haha 1