Board Upgrade

DanGarion

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/21/2017 at 2:07 PM, Orange said:

The sign-in feature is fucked.  I try to sign in on the upper right hand corner and it says I gave the wrong password and it makes me sign in again, and I'm able to do it successfully.  It happens every time otherwise I'd chalk it up to my own human error.  (Bring on the Buin70 caps lock jokes)

Are you typing in your password or is it saved and already entered? 

On 3/22/2017 at 10:31 PM, ExplorerSunDevil said:

I will say that this website does slow way down when I try to view the "leaderboards" page.

I'm not sure why.

I haven't noticed a slow down, but I also don't have a reference on how "fast" it was before. I've pulled up the leaderboard and it opened up almost instantly.

4 hours ago, DanGarion said:

Are you typing in your password or is it saved and already entered? 

I'm typing it in.  But it's weird, I type it in on the upper-right, then it jumps to having the sign-in box in the middle of the page, ostensibly because I didn't input the correct login (it's giving me a do-over), but the login and password is already there, waiting for me, all entered in.  I don't edit or retype anything, click login again, and I'm signed in.  

And occasionally, when I sign in on the upper right, it works.  I realize this totally sounds like human error, but I feel like the fact that it saves my login and password for the second attempt proves otherwise.

1 hour ago, Orange said:

I'm typing it in.  But it's weird, I type it in on the upper-right, then it jumps to having the sign-in box in the middle of the page, ostensibly because I didn't input the correct login (it's giving me a do-over), but the login and password is already there, waiting for me, all entered in.  I don't edit or retype anything, click login again, and I'm signed in.  

And occasionally, when I sign in on the upper right, it works.  I realize this totally sounds like human error, but I feel like the fact that it saves my login and password for the second attempt proves otherwise.

Can you try changing your password and see if the same issue happens? I haven't been able to replicate after 10 attempts. I would even suggest that before you change your password try logging in via Incognito mode, that should prevent any password managers you have installed from attempting to enter your password for you.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, ExplorerSunDevil said:

Also Mr Garion, if I may; Could we possibly change the "The SEC" subforum into an "Other Conferences" subforum?

I pitched that to Bug a couple of weeks ago, but I thought that I would pitch it to you directly as well.

Any changes like that are Bugs call. I'm only here for tech support. :)

Has anyone else noticed the submit reply button not moving forward? That might not make sense, but I'm assuming if someone else has experienced it, they'd know it

Also, I have a a paypal link for the time being. Checking into a button

paypal.me/kkappe

14 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

Has anyone else noticed the submit reply button not moving forward? That might not make sense, but I'm assuming if someone else has experienced it, they'd know it

Also, I have a a paypal link for the time being. Checking into a button

paypal.me/kkappe

Added a donation section to the front page sidebar.

1 hour ago, Scscsc89 said:

The football forum used to have tabs at the top that opened a new page to

* ESPN rankings page: http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

* Pac-12 schedule:  http://www.espn.com/college-football/schedule/_/group/9

Anyway we could add these back on?

Could you maybe do a screen capture and show me where it was displaying? I will then look into what I can do to replicate. I'm not a skin/theme genius but I can probably figure it out. Was it showing regardless of what thread you were viewing or was it only the Forum home that it showed? I added links on the home page http://www.pac12board.com/ and it also reflects on the forum page http://www.pac12board.com/index.php?/forum/8-pac12-football/

Archived