Board Upgrade

DanGarion

Hello All,

You don't know me, but I've known Kyle for a number of years. He's entrusted me to upgrade the board and assist with the backend of the board.

The first step was updating the version of IPB that was running on the board. So far it looks like it is running fine but there are a number of background processes that will be running throughout the day. If the board is slow it is due to background processes.

If you see anything unusual please let me know and I can look into it.

For now, these are the issues I'm aware of.

The Skin needs to be tweaked a bit.

I need to put advertising back on (part of the skin, I would assume).

I'm not very familiar with IPB but it can't be much different than all the other message boards I've run in the past.

If you have any requests I can try to look into them. I'll be back in about 2 weeks to start looking more. :)

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ExplorerSunDevil said:

Welcome to the website, Mr Garion

Ive got a whole list of requests for this new website "look", but if you arent going to be back for a few weeks, then it could probably wait.

Yeah... We've been talking about doing this since before Christmas but weren't ready until recently. I like to get stuff done and not sit on it so I decided to just do it today and hope for the best.

Of course I decided to do it the day before I travel for my employers national sales convention where I will be tied up for a week and then another trip I'm taking the week after that for work. :)

Just now, MrBug708 said:

Just so you guys know know he is going to make the board more efficient,  not necessarily going to make it the board of our wildest dreams.

Yeah, I'm more of a "functional" type person than a designer type person. I make stuff work :).

I think it sucks.   So I click on unread content. I click on a post. It takes me to the first post in that thread and I have to scroll down to get to the unread post. Under the old Format I clicked on new content clicked on the post and I went directly to the new post.  no scrolling.

Archived