Random

KUGRDON

Does anyone else question why anybody in the Massachusetts National Guard has access to documents showing Ukrainian and Russian troop positions or information relative to the ability of Ukrainian forces to defend or repel Russian troop advances?  It seems to me that two things are true: 1) The US has far too many classified documents, and 2) far too many people have access to classified documents.

I think the other problem is privatization.  We have SO MANY private military contractors getting their hands on classified material, and I'm sure the accountability level drops whenever it gets in the private sector (and employees pass shit on, etc.).  #DrainTheSwamp

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/12/2023 at 8:10 PM, KUGRDON said:

****** Jobs has been dead for a dozen years now. Do you think we do anything on our iPhones that Jobs didn’t contemplate?  How long will it be before we reach this mile stone?

Probably the Covid-era "you've been exposed" tracker, since ****** Jobs certainly didn't believe in modern public health.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/29/2023 at 6:11 PM, KUGRDON said:

Has it ever occurred to you that (a) this is a high profile event that gets eyeballs and (b) more Christians than Jews support Israel because evangelicals need all Jews to be in the Holy Land before the Big Guy comes back?   Protesting this way makes total sense if you’re not a fucking idiot.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I intend No part of this to support Trump.

Among the special counsel in the Biden document cases findings:

Biden could not remember: what year his son died, what years he served as vice president. . .

and went on to describe Biden as a “Well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory."

This after rightfully distinguishing the cases against Biden and Trump in ways that accurately portrayed Biden much more favorably than Trump.

If there is any way in hell they can pump him full of amphetamines or something else which will help him look awake and aware they will get him out to the Super Bowl interview.

In a new NBC News poll 48% of respondents said they see Trump as more "competent" and "effective" than Biden. Only 32% reported feeling Biden was more competent and effective than Trump. It's 16 point difference.  That’s catastrophic.

On 2/8/2024 at 12:44 PM, KUGRDON said:

I intend No part of this to support Trump.

Among the special counsel in the Biden document cases findings:

Biden could not remember: what year his son died, what years he served as vice president. . .

and went on to describe Biden as a “Well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory."

This after rightfully distinguishing the cases against Biden and Trump in ways that accurately portrayed Biden much more favorably than Trump.

If there is any way in hell they can pump him full of amphetamines or something else which will help him look awake and aware they will get him out to the Super Bowl interview.

In a new NBC News poll 48% of respondents said they see Trump as more "competent" and "effective" than Biden. Only 32% reported feeling Biden was more competent and effective than Trump. It's 16 point difference.  That’s catastrophic.

I see that Biden is responding to my comments and making a hastily arranged statement tonight at the White House.

On 2/8/2024 at 4:50 PM, KUGRDON said:

I see that Biden is responding to my comments and making a hastily arranged statement tonight at the White House.

Axelrod commented that Biden looked like the angry old white man in his hastily called press conference and what the hell did Mexico have to do with Gaza.  More dead people.  And Joe forgot the name of the Church he tried to speak of in connection with remembrances of Beau (Our Lady of . . .). Then Joe launched into a series of lies about the Special Counsel’s report, ie, his claims that the prosecutor did not find he acted willfully (the prosecutor did find he acted willfully) and Joe claims there was no finding that he shared classified info with his ghost writer and the prosecutor specifically did find such sharing and has tape recordings of Joe sharing with the ghost writer.  Disaster for Joe

On 2/8/2024 at 5:14 PM, KUGRDON said:

Axelrod commented that Biden looked like the angry old white man in his hastily called press conference and what the hell did Mexico have to do with Gaza.  More dead people.  And Joe forgot the name of the Church he tried to speak of in connection with remembrances of Beau (Our Lady of . . .). Then Joe launched into a series of lies about the Special Counsel’s report, ie, his claims that the prosecutor did not find he acted willfully (the prosecutor did find he acted willfully) and Joe claims there was no finding that he shared classified info with his ghost writer and the prosecutor specifically did find such sharing and has tape recordings of Joe sharing with the ghost writer.  Disaster for Joe

Disaster for Joe?  Donald Trump and the republicans represent the end of democracy.   

Disaster for all of us that your party is so dumb and cowardly.   

Well, it is an unquestionable disaster for Joe. The fact that Trump’s brain is basically microwaved mashed potatoes too doesn’t matter. None of Trump’s deficiencies have ever mattered and never will. For the Dems it’s about presenting a stable alternative to the walking orange chaos box and it just got considerably harder to do that. Factor in the GOP media machine is light years ahead of the DNC’s and the next 9 months isn’t about indictments or the future of democracy, it’s dementia. And as last night’s press conference showed, Joe is going to have an extremely hard time fighting back.

They really, really should have given Kamala something to do the last four years so she could have run instead.

• Thanks 1

I was totally with you until Kamala.  She’s the one Democrat that I know Trump would handily defeat.  
A huge question is how did we get here, Biden v Trump?  A big part of it is what passes as “strategic thinking” being in the driver seat.  When do we get back to competing visions of what is best for the country voiced by honorable, competent men and women.