The Biden Thread

Scscsc89

2 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Only if Biden didn't brag about getting a foreign prosecutor fired which led to Trump wanting to investigate.

It's going to be fun to see Biden get exposed during the Senate Trail and he will be telling himself "only if I kept my mouth shut".

Now I just think you're fucking with me.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Only if Biden didn't brag about getting a foreign prosecutor fired which led to Trump wanting to investigate.

It's going to be fun to see Biden get exposed during the Senate Trail and he will be telling himself "only if I kept my mouth shut".

Three things here:

A. The prosecutor who was fired was fired for corruption.  There was UNIVERSAL agreement that he was corrupt.

B. The new prosecutor would've been far more likely to go after Hunter Biden.  So if this was Joe's plan, it was a dumb one (and it wasn't his plan).

C. HUNTER BIDEN DID NOTHING ILLEGAL IN UKRAINE, DUMBSHIT.

This is 2016 all over again.

The Clinton Foundation is found to have done nothing wrong, yet gets slammed for the appearance of a conflict-of-interest. 

The Bidens are found to have done nothing wrong, yet get slammed for the appearance of a conflict-of-interest. 

Why is this 'politically messy' for the Dems?   Now provide the same answer for the Trump Foundation & the Trump kids.

That’s the difference.  Politically the trump foundation is messy and should be a problem for the republicans (same with kids).

same holds for Biden.

but in truth, none of it matters probably.  It only hurts Biden now....with Democrats.  After that, the voters on each team will support their team.  End of story.

unless you are saying that hunter Biden was perfectly qualified to be on that board.  

4 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

What I am saying is that this double-standard held up by #BothSide'rs in the name of centrism is more dangerous than the perceived tribalism.

I’m willing to say both are dirty, I don’t have a side to protect here.  If you want to call that more dangerous so be it.  

And it’s not necessarily centrism, I just do not trust the parties nor blindly support them.  (General statement not necessarily aimed at you).  They use this climate to fund raise.  It’s gross.

2 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

I’m willing to say both are dirty, I don’t have a side to protect here.

That's called False Equivalency when you don't go the extra step to condemn the illegal one over the one that merely has the potential appearance of a conflict of interest.

1 minute ago, Scscsc89 said:

That's called False Equivalency when you don't go the extra step to condemn the illegal one over the one that merely has the potential appearance of a conflict of interest.

These were general statements.  Addressing the danger of not being on a team.  

I’m happy to say illegal and bad politically are very different things, and should be treated as such.  I’d guess the Bidens aren’t as clean as some portray (I’m a pessimist).  But at the moment, it clearly does not rise to illegal.  

59 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

That’s the difference.  Politically the trump foundation is messy and should be a problem for the republicans (same with kids).

same holds for Biden.

but in truth, none of it matters probably.  It only hurts Biden now....with Democrats.  After that, the voters on each team will support their team.  End of story.

unless you are saying that hunter Biden was perfectly qualified to be on that board.  

frustrated ryan gosling GIF

SC89 is right, you're continuing with this false-equivalency bullshit, and it REALLY makes me think you don't understand what the facts are.

Trump DID do something illegal.  His foundation is a fraud.  His university is a fraud.  He's paid out countless millions to the government for fraud, racial discrimination, and outright theft.  He puts his own children in the White House (who are not qualified in the least) and also pushes through their clearances despite the fact they're vulnerable to bribery or extortion or blackmail (like Trump).

Hunter Biden is paid to be on a foreign company's board, it makes people feel uncomfortable, and you think it's the same fucking thing.

What's worse, an unqualified someone in a low-power position on the board of a foreign gas company, or the unqualified CHILDREN OF A PROVEN FRAUDSTER WORKING IN THE WHITE HOUSE AND AFFECTING OUR DAILY LIVES WITH IMMENSE POWER.

It's not the same.  Not remotely close.  One's Mount Everest, one's a molehill.

It's not the same.

Let's try this again:

IT'S NOT THE SAME.

This started with a comment, on the Biden thread, about Bidens son.  It simply isn’t good for Biden politically, it dogs him through the primaries.  That’s it.  Looks pretty bad (open to the possibility it isn’t bad at all though).  Of course the response is what about trump.  I would agree, as stated that any illegal activity is clearly a different thing.  There is no equivalency. I am no fan of the president, in almost any sense.  But with that said, it doesn’t change my thoughts on something unrelated.  

And bigger picture I think trump is finishing off the Republican Party for some time.  He’s put them in a position of defending the indefensible.  

2 hours ago, CRBuff said:

This started with a comment, on the Biden thread, about Bidens son.  It simply isn’t good for Biden politically, it dogs him through the primaries.  That’s it.  Looks pretty bad (open to the possibility it isn’t bad at all though).  Of course the response is what about trump.  I would agree, as stated that any illegal activity is clearly a different thing.  There is no equivalency. I am no fan of the president, in almost any sense.  But with that said, it doesn’t change my thoughts on something unrelated.  

And bigger picture I think trump is finishing off the Republican Party for some time.  He’s put them in a position of defending the indefensible.  

Yeah, because, you know trump is president.  There is a difference, and it's very fucking material.  One has no elected office whatsoever.  The other does.  Also, one clearly committed crimes, the other didn't.

7 minutes ago, Orange said:

Yeah, because, you know trump is president.  There is a difference, and it's very fucking material.  One has no elected office whatsoever.  The other does.  Also, one clearly committed crimes, the other didn't.

Which crimes are in the two Articles of Impeachment, Dandy?

It's important to note that the articles are in the "mark-up" stage so debating particular phrases and charges at this point is futile. We don't know what will be brought to vote.

Contempt of Congress seems likely, which is a misdemeanor. The abuse of power is a little trickier, but it's deeply founded in constitutional law.

Alexander Hamilton wrote in 1788 that impeachment proceedings were for “those offenses which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or, in other words, from the abuse or violation of some public trust.”

23 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

Never mind.  I get he’s president, and awful imo.  That, in and of itself, doesn’t make everything else ok.

That makes everything else irrelevant when we're discussing Trump's conduct.  And that's what this impeachment is about.  Trump.

Do you agree?  Or do you think it's about the Bidens?

17 hours ago, CRBuff said:

This started talking about the Bidens.

its interesting to me mostly from a primary perspective.  That said, when discussing impeachment, hunter Biden (or his father for that matter) don’t matter.

Ultra-famous politicians securing jobs for their kids isn't exactly news.  Hell, we should be making far more hay over Jenna Bush-Hager getting a 7-figure gig at NBC.  Unless she really is THAT great a journalist that she should be awarded a spot ahead of some kid who went to Columbia journalism school on scholarship and reported on the Flint water crisis or something.  I have no clue what's so compelling about Hunter Biden, apart from trump being obsessed with him.  If Biden were further down in the polls, I guarantee trump would give zero fucks.  That's what's so irritating about ANYONE bringing up Hunter biden.

20 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

This guy seems to be singularly in a good position to foresee @PapaGym’s playbook...

His family makes their money buying cheap goods from China and seeking them at massive margins in the USA.  That’s your guy.  

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/05/21/does-justin-amashs-trump-impeachment-declaration-have-a-china-connection-n2546685

He won’t be in office in 2021, but he’s sure trying to protect his family’s fortune that was made on the backs of Chinese sweatshop workers.  Nice to see you agree with it.

Archived