Cal vs Oregon

All Hail

At minimum, this should be a very high-scoring affair.  Any of you Green and Yellow (and red, and black, and orange and every other color on the spectrum) bastards heading out for the game?

You should feel good about your chances considering Wilner predicted a double-digit Cal win.  http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/10/17/college-hotline-cal-football-report-card-bye-week-update-and-a-look-at-oregon/

If there was ever a game for your young qb to get his confidence up, this is that game.  Cal's defense is bad against most teams, against Oregon and their spread schemes, our defense completely loses it's ability to do anything right.  Last year was our best defense of the Dykes era and Oregon set a school record for yards.  So, there's that. 

I will be there with my cousin, who is an Oregon-alum.  

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the last two outings were such non-competitive clusterfucks it's hard to imagine oregon winning anything right now. a better coaching staff would ride royce & co and burn a little clock to protect our porous defense, but i'm sure we'll come out trying to out-tempo ourselves and give up an easy 45 points. 

it WILL be nice having herbert taking the reins after a bye week. his first start against the husky d was a tall order. 

i try very hard not to add to canzano's clicks so i haven't read it, but yeah we're nobody's super bowl. we gave up 70 goddamn points the last time we played a game. although colorado's coach was legitimately crying after they beat us earlier this year. that's gotta count for something!

i try very hard not to add to canzano's clicks so i haven't read it, but yeah we're nobody's super bowl. we gave up 70 goddamn points the last time we played a game. although colorado's coach was legitimately crying after they beat us earlier this year. that's gotta count for something!

It was on his podcast, which is apparently called "The Bald Faced Truth."   I didn't listen to it but people on the Cal Rivals board did and shared those two nuggets.  

he's managed to alienate the oregon, oregon state, and trail blazer fanbases so i'm not surprised. i don't think he likes or dislikes anything; i've never been convinced he has strong opinions aside from whatever can garner the most comments at the bottom of his columns. i firmly believe his long-term goal is to become one of those terrible regional sportswriters that go on shows like around the horn on espn. 

and then once a year he writes a gut-wrenching human interest story, wins a few national awards, and the oregonian promotes the shit out of him. 

he's managed to alienate the oregon, oregon state, and trail blazer fanbases so i'm not surprised. i don't think he likes or dislikes anything; i've never been convinced he has strong opinions aside from whatever can garner the most comments at the bottom of his columns. i firmly believe his long-term goal is to become one of those terrible regional sportswriters that go on shows like around the horn on espn. 

and then once a year he writes a gut-wrenching human interest story, wins a few national awards, and the oregonian promotes the shit out of him. 

This should really be his bio. /\/\/\

Archived