Pac-12 Week 7

Scscsc89

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would hope that the Pac-12 would give Washington a deadline, and not set up a scenario where they could back out the day before the game and force two teams who have planned for other opponents to try to play 24 hours later. Say, Tuesday at midday or so.

Interesting to see UO-CU at USC.  Guess you know who the back up teams will be in case UW and/or USC aren't able to go that day.

Pac-12 could get some attention if they decided to do a California style playoff.  My high school was part of one in a way to determine playoff seeding on a Tuesday during the week.  Two teams play in the first half.  Who wins in the first half plays in the second half against the third team.

13 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

There’s no doubt in my mind that if the Pac-12 had implemented this plan from the beginning, Wilner would have been the first/loudest one to attack the conference for unfairly coddling USC.

100% true.  That said, and I’m no sc apologist, sc is getting screwed here.

such is 2020 I guess.

I don’t understand this “deadline”.  

What if today they say they can play but tomorrow’s results show they can’t — what good is your deadline then?

My guess is that they know UW can’t play & they want to acknowledge that & move on.

Archived