THE COLORADO BUFFALOES THREAD

PAC MAN

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MacIntyre was stuck in a quagmire.

What is MacIntyre supposed to do in a situation like that? He asks her if she is safe, and tells her he is going to see what he can do legally. She tells him she doesn't want the police involved and doesn't want her ex to lose his job. Of course her ex gets a lawyer. He probably did so the minute MacIntyre talked to him about it, as she had asked MacIntyre to do. She put him in a bad situation as a head coach.

No police involvement, no conviction, and innocent until proven guilty.

What should employers and bosses do when an ex-girlfriend calls them to allege domestic violence; like this? This is a messed up position to be in.

MacIntyre should have called the police and let them know the situation because that's what people should do, but man, this is still a no-win situation all the way around for him.

Bug on point, completely agree.

It's tough. You cannot fire the guy with no evidence. He asked lady if she was safe, I'm sure he took it to the next level and they told him not to correspond any longer. What could he do?

In hindsight he probably should have alerted authorities but it's a catch 22 situation that's easier explained after the fact than during it. Truth is he was terminated 1 month from when allegations were placed and facts proven out, that is about what you would see if not faster in the corporate world.

Damn shame this lady went through the channels she did vs going straight to the authorities.

Btw he was not promoted. He was the interim dc not promoted to full time dc.

Author of this story is trying to get a hit out on p5 program, completely biased piece which the victim willingly supplies phone records, texts trying them in the court of public opinion.

Wouldn't be surprised if she tries to sue cu. too bad she didn't go through proper channels i.e. The authorities. Lawsuit wouldn't make it very far imo.

Troy Lindsay is the leading returner for Pac-12 rushing TDs with 16 and 1,252 rushing yards on the season.  He also had the second most carries behind Christian McCafferty.  With about four returning OL starters and a deep WR corps coming back, it's a good bet that Lindsay will repeat those numbers unless Beau Bisharat cuts into those carries.  Running game is going to be a necessity if Montez struggles or CU has to go to Noyer at QB.  It's also essential to move the chains on a more consistent basis given how much the defense has lost which stands at eight starters.  A ninth starter, Gillam at LB, might decide it's no longer worth getting banged up all the time like he has in his Buffs career and call it quits.

Given the number of RBs, I don't necessarily think that the QB running plays will be going anytime soon so you might as well lnclude Montez and Noyer in this case.  I'm not so sure Lytle (third string QB at this point and a true frosh taking part in spring practices) is that type of QB.

• 3 months later...
  • PAC MAN changed the title to 2017 COLORADO BUFFALOES: #NeverStopRising

gl's anecdotal story hour:

dated a mormon girl in high school. girl was ok, but nicest damn family i've ever met. huge bbq parties in their backyard all the time, the dad would invite me along with the girl's brothers to sporting events, did a whole special thing on christmas eve just for me since i was going to spend christmas with my family. the relationship ended up lasting about five months longer than it should have just because i didn't want to break up with the family.

anyway, the girl invited me to seminary one morning. are people aware of seminary? daily church meetings, about an hour long, every day before school. normal church is, like, 60-90 minutes once a week, and it was bearable for me growing up, but not only was mormon church a FOUR HOUR EVENT each sunday for the girlfriend (which didn't include a separate sunday evening function where everyone was back at the church), they had mini-church every day M-F, wednesday nights were youth group, and they packed saturdays with "events." church seven days a week. it was... something. anyway, to appease the girl, i get myself up at 5 so i could get to seminary by 630 (i was a pretty boy, it took time to make myself look like i spent no time getting ready each morning) so i could get to school by 8. and seminary is basically just a giant circle of chairs where a bunch of quiet kids sit around answering bible questions. and, like... book of mormon bible questions. so i have no idea what's going on. they're talking about jesus tending sheep in south america or something like that and in my head i'm like no, that didn't happen. but the girl, she knows every answer to every question. all these kids do. inside and out. so finally the youth pastor (? maybe just some guy? i never knew) fielded a question my way. a real softball, he said. i can't remember the exact wording, but it had to do with who inspired brigham young to do whatever it is brigham young did. so i sit there for a moment, thinking, with a dozen mormon eyeballs on me, and i know this is mormon kingergarten stuff. like, everyone in the room knew the answer.

(the answer was joseph smith. i did not say joseph smith)

i say jesus. everyone's kind of looking around, wondering how i got into the circle. clearly i'm some sort of anti-christ non-believer, or an idiot, or both. then suddenly the youth pastor (?) starts slow clapping, and he smiles, and he says i'm right. because jesus inspires ALL things, including joseph smith, who inspired brigham young (i guess? i never really picked up on the bread crumbs). and then all the kids clue in on it, and they start smiling and congratulating me on such a sweet ass answer. i go from freakshow outsider to their lord and master in about half a second. 

this mormon church had a sweet basketball court, so i'd play ball after school there sometimes with a few LDS kids who could get me in. every now and then, that youth pastor (?) would walk by, point to me and yell "that's the guy who knows the POWER OF JESUS! YEAH BOY!" and go about his day. this church also had dances (totally separate and totally hilarious story) and i'd go with the girl and i'd see this dude there and he'd see me and yell "THE NIGHT IS SAVED! THIS GUY KNOWS CHRIST!"

some time later that youth pastor got a hold of my telephone number and asked if i could come by and have a one-on-one sit down with him at the church. coincidentally, the same day that was to happen, i broke up with the girl. i never went to that meeting, because fuck it. the girl told me later the youth pastor was going to give me a shit ton of literature and ask me to seriously think about joining the church and to "put the bug in my ear" of the joys of mission work.

56 minutes ago, glduck said:

gl's anecdotal story hour:

anyway, the girl invited me to seminary one morning. are people aware of seminary?

Most public jr. high and high schools in Utah offer seminary during school hours. They get around the separation of church and state bother by having a property adjacent to or across the street from the schools. I used to go to the seminary building with my friends in jr. high to play ping pong, but was never really recruited ( I think they were smart enough to recognize a lost cause when they saw one ).

Archived