Pac 12 Pitcher of the Year Heimlich Is a Felon Registered Sex Offender

PapaG

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no clue how a young man rehabilitates himself in the eyes of the public for something like this.  He was 13-15 when he committed this crime.  As serious as it was, if he has indeed been successfully counseled and is no longer a threat to public safety, he deserves a life.

And yes, the victim does, too.  And she deserves more resources to help her get there.  She doesn't deserve to be ostracized by her family.  What I've read, however, is that her mother states that she doesn't remember much of the abuse.  I realize that doesn't mitigate the crime, but it does inform the circumstances.  Would it be something that she's suppressed, and could affect her, long term?  Maybe.  I'm not a child psychologist.  What I've read is that the reactions from abuse range from "meh, I'll move on" to the child's ability to form normal relationships being irreparably damaged.  Seems like the kind of thing that needs more attention and needs to be de-stigmatized on BOTH sides: the victim, and the offender.  Both will still be sharing society with us.

1 hour ago, btlincec said:

If anything things are going in the opposite direction of being destigmatized. I agree with you, but I don't think many others will. Tough break for both of them.

Well anything with the current government is headed exactly backwards.  They have no respect for science/innovation/forward thinking policies of any kind, and that includes crime and punishment and criminal psychology.  Hopefully, after this atrocity of a presidency outrages enough people, our country will invest more in preventing crime through science, reason, compassion and critical thinking, rather than just upping the budget for private prisons and pitchforks.

6 hours ago, Orange said:

Well anything with the current government is headed exactly backwards.  They have no respect for science/innovation/forward thinking policies of any kind, and that includes crime and punishment and criminal psychology.  Hopefully, after this atrocity of a presidency outrages enough people, our country will invest more in preventing crime through science, reason, compassion and critical thinking, rather than just upping the budget for private prisons and pitchforks.

One can hope that he's the dying and desperate breathes of the Christian right.

Heimlich's child molesting aside, and OS handled that about as well as the could, why didn't Pat Casey ask for replay on that double by Kwan yesterday? Just a bonehead choke by him.  Clearly a fair ball in a game where runs were going to be hard to get.

Archived