2017 Pac-12 Media Days July 26 & 27

PAC MAN

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised to see Utah picked that high after they lost 8 draft picks and 7 free agents to NFL this year along with a new offense and OC. They will be really inexperienced, hope they can bring it together.

6 minutes ago, Mano said:

Surprised to see Utah picked that high after they lost 8 draft picks and 7 free agents to NFL this year along with a new offense and OC. They will be really inexperienced, hope they can bring it together.

I think the depth of Utah's DL has them up there.  You could choose between Utah, UCLA, and CU for second place.

I'm ready for the CCG to be somewhere else too.

Anyone catch the news that halftime at some non-conference games will be 15 minutes instead of the usual 20 minutes?  I'm thinking one of CU's non-conference games at home will be one of those games.

1 hour ago, Jalapeno said:

20170726_081828_DFqfi5-XYAEg2ap.jpg

I think this is the third (or maybe the fourth) time that USC is picked to win this thing.    Maybe someday we actually will.

Oh, and our league championship trophy looks like female genitalia.

6 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

I think this is the third (or maybe the fourth) time that USC is picked to win this thing.    Maybe someday we actually will.

Oh, and our league championship trophy looks like female genitalia.

Obviously that trophy was made for USC.

2 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

http://pac-12.com/article/2017/07/25/pac-12-announces-agreement-levis-stadium-continue-hosting-football-championship

Pac-12 CCG will be at Levi's in 2019 with an option for 2020.  I think the writing is on the wall that the CCG will be in LA when that new stadium opens.

Or Vegas.

Please put this game in Las Vegas. 

i am BORED at work today, i tell you what. 

be sure to bookmark this post so you can all laugh at me and make me feel bad in december when i get everything so horribly wrong. i look forward to reading your hateful posts to my family each christmas.

note: i don't do ties. i'm going to list them all out 1 through 6 because this is america, and that's how numbers work. if there's a four way tie for second place in your division and i picked you 5th and you want to hold it over me later that's fair game.

NORTH -->

1. washington. the awful sequel to last fall's runaway sensation. featuring a schedule so awful chris peterson will swear he's back in the MWC, this version is almost assured a fancy seat at the big boys table when they start handing out playoff bids and premiere bowl games. 

2. washington state. i'm leery, because wazzu is one luke falk injury away from inserting some other schlub that will immediately throw for 5000 yards and 40 touchdowns. i guess i'm taking wazzu over stanford because pullman gets to host the game this year and that is a football cliche that seems to mean something. 

3. stanford. ed mccaffrey's kid is merely the latest in the long line of once-in-a-generation talents that have come through stanford in the last handful of years that david shaw has had to replace. and in years when there isn't another elite conference school, he seems to be able to win conference championships just fine.

4. oregon. maybe i'm just pessimistic, but i don't like our depth (and many of our starters) and while taggart's programs have always improved under his watch none has really jumped out with a bang in year one. do like the 76ers and trust the process. 

5. oregon state. their conference schedule is really tough, with an unfortunate blend of playing a lot of shitty/beatable teams on the road and talented/good teams at home. not that they can't overcome that, it just makes things more difficult. their qb situation confuses me.

6. cal. i just... don't... know about the bears. @ north carolina and hosting ole miss is a commendable non-conference, but probably not super ideal for a rebuilding team. they get walloped with SC, oregon, and the washington schools right out of the gate in pac-12 play (lol @ me for including oregon in that). if wilcox can keep the team focused through that the schedule gets better but let's watch all hail's drinking until halloween because alcohol poisoning is real.

SOUTH -->

1. usc. so... sc and washington don't play? that's lame. sc looks like they have a few more potential hiccups than washington, but this seems like the easiest conference championship game bet since larry scott and the pac-10 had that drunken hookup and 9 months later we birthed out colorado and utah.

2. utah. i'm going with my pac-12 media brethren on this one. darren carrington is a real home run addition. they host the remaining contenders for second place, ucla and colorado. i'm sold.

3. ucla. i can't tell if josh rosen will come back slinging and everything will fall into place and they'll go 9-4 or if josh rosen will get hurt again and it all falls apart and they go 4-8 again and finish 4th. so i'm hedging my bets and putting them here. and since it's ucla, you can't even fight me because both outcomes are somehow equally likely. 

4. colorado. i like montez and if you listen to jalapeno the offensive talent on hand rivals the greatest of miami and usc teams of lore, but it sure seemed to me like those cornerbacks they lost were the backbone of a pretty darn good defense last year. aaaaaaaand we sort of stole their coordinator. i think CU takes a dip, but they still allow jalapeno to buy a new mexico bowl participant t-shirt.

5. arizona state. i picked asu out of the hat, so by law i decree they shall finish 5th. huzzah!

6. arizona. on the flip side, their basketball team looks epic. 

That's certainly as good a guess as any -- although I might flip Stanford & Wazzu because I am tired of David Shaw teams showing me up for thinking that they lose too much to have another 10-win season.

speaking of which, we need that 1 card fan to come back & represent.

Archived