NBA 19-20

PAC MAN

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a big time jolt by the LA teams this off-season.  Would have been better if the Knicks knew how to sign big name free agents.  Got quite some basketball to look forward to next season.

3 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

We got AD but the rest of it was a cluster. I guess we could be the Knicks or the Suns

Rondo/Davis/Cousins it's the 2017-18 Pelicans.  Get Jrue Holiday and just move the entire franchise to LA? 

Boogie 1y/$2.3 million vet minimum btw.  Zero risk by the Lakers.

Now that all of the major free agents are signed, here is my instant Top 8 in the West.

1)  LA Clippers

2)  Lakers

3)  Nuggets

4)  Blazers

5)  Jazz

6)  Rockets

7)  Spurs

8- Warriors 

Kings/Mavs/Thunder all contenders for the playoffs.

3-8 are all basically interchangeable for me, though, and the Warriors are at risk of missing the playoffs depending on how Klay returns from his injury.  Curry is going to be defended as he's never been before without Klay or Durant to take a large part of the offensive load.

I don't care about the east, but one of Boston/Bucks/76ers seem clear favorites to make the Finals.

NBA Future Odds

ODDS TO WIN THE 2019-20 NBA FINALS (6/15/20)
Team Odds
Los Angeles Clippers 7/2
Los Angeles Lakers 4/1
Milwaukee Bucks 6/1
Golden State Warriors 15/1
Philadelphia 76ers 15/1
Houston Rockets 20/1
Utah Jazz 20/1
Boston Celtics 25/1
Denver Nuggets 30/1
Brooklyn Nets 35/1
Indiana Pacers 35/1
Portland Blazers 40/1
Toronto Raptors 50/1
Dallas Mavericks 65/1
New Orleans Pelicans 75/1
Oklahoma City Thunder 100/1
San Antonio Spurs 100/1
Miami Heat 150/1
Orlando Magic 150/1
Sacramento Kings 150/1
Atlanta Hawks 200/1
Minnesota Timberwolves 200/1
Chicago Bulls 500/1
Detroit Pistons 500/1
Memphis Grizzlies 500/1
New York Knicks 500/1
Washington Wizards 500/1
Phoenix Suns 1000/1
Charlotte Hornets 2000/1
Cleveland Cavaliers 2000/1

35 minutes ago, Mano said:

NBA Future Odds

ODDS TO WIN THE 2019-20 NBA FINALS (6/15/20)
Team Odds
Los Angeles Clippers 7/2
Los Angeles Lakers 4/1
Milwaukee Bucks 6/1
Golden State Warriors 15/1
Philadelphia 76ers 15/1
Houston Rockets 20/1
Utah Jazz 20/1
Boston Celtics 25/1
Denver Nuggets 30/1
Brooklyn Nets 35/1
Indiana Pacers 35/1
Portland Blazers 40/1
Toronto Raptors 50/1
Dallas Mavericks 65/1
New Orleans Pelicans 75/1
Oklahoma City Thunder 100/1
San Antonio Spurs 100/1
Miami Heat 150/1
Orlando Magic 150/1
Sacramento Kings 150/1
Atlanta Hawks 200/1
Minnesota Timberwolves 200/1
Chicago Bulls 500/1
Detroit Pistons 500/1
Memphis Grizzlies 500/1
New York Knicks 500/1
Washington Wizards 500/1
Phoenix Suns 1000/1
Charlotte Hornets 2000/1
Cleveland Cavaliers 2000/1

Who are the idiots putting money on the Warriors at 15-1 minus Iggy/Durant and without Klay until late in the year, if at all?  The Nets are way too high considering Durant won't play.  Jazz at 20-1 is too high no idea why.  Spurs at 100-1 is a joke considering they get Dejounte Murray back a full year after ACL rehab.

Blazers at 40-1 seems like a decent bet and how in the hell are the Pacers 35-1?  There is zero chance they could beat the West Champion in a 7-game series.  The Bucks are the only team with a realistic shot at it and they lost Brogdon and added nobody of significance. 

On 7/7/2019 at 11:51 AM, MrBug708 said:

Golden State, after saying they would retire Durant's jersey, will also retire Iggy's jersey. Do they not want to wait until they aren't playing anymore?

Nah got to keep selling uniforms with different numbers...gotta pay the bills for the Chase Center. :lol: 

On 7/6/2019 at 5:14 PM, PapaG said:

Who are the idiots putting money on the Warriors at 15-1 minus Iggy/Durant and without Klay until late in the year, if at all?  The Nets are way too high considering Durant won't play.  Jazz at 20-1 is too high no idea why.  Spurs at 100-1 is a joke considering they get Dejounte Murray back a full year after ACL rehab.

Blazers at 40-1 seems like a decent bet and how in the hell are the Pacers 35-1?  There is zero chance they could beat the West Champion in a 7-game series.  The Bucks are the only team with a realistic shot at it and they lost Brogdon and added nobody of significance. 

15-1 seems like great odds for a roster that has been to two finals and won one with Green/Curry/Thompson and with a worse supporting cast.  

Their main competition in the west both have injury prone stars.  PG3 has about 3 different surgeries this offseason while AD and LeBron are in a similar boat health wise.  

The warriors also have championship DNA, these other teams do not and will have to figure out how to play with each other.  I think it’s great value.  I would bet you a lot of money they finish higher than 8th in the west.  Now that is a foolish prediction.

Klay should be back before the playoffs, no? Warriors could be one of the best 5 seeds of all time if they just survive the regular season w/o him and he's good to go by April. 

I think the Clips are way ahead of the Lakers and are easily the top team in the West. What they did Friday was... masterful. Lakers will be good, obviously, but I think the trio of Northwest teams -- Denver, Utah, Portland -- are all probably better than the Lakers right now, though LA still isn't done. The West is going to be so fun.

I'll bite on the Pacers at 35-1. They're a solid/talented team in a conference that just saw a bunch of upheaval, I think they'll fly under the radar while everyone's focused on Philly and Boston and Milwaukee and wind up top 3 in the East. Brogdon and Oladipo in the backcourt, Sabas and Turner down low. They love Aaron Holiday. 

Didn't see that part about Paul getting dealt.  The Thunder need to rebuild as quickly as possible since you have two Big 12 schools (certainly one of the best basketball conferences out there) nearby that would pounce at every opportunity to draw fans to their basketball games.

Archived