The Flu

mysfit

Pence, on why he's the only dumbass without a mask at the Mayo Clinic:

pence_mask_off_thumb.focal-760x428.jpg

“And since I don’t have the coronavirus, I thought it’d be a good opportunity for me to be here, to be able to speak to these researchers, these incredible healthcare personnel, and look them in the eye and say ‘thank you.'"

Right, notice how all those masks are covering people's eyes.  

simon cowell facepalm GIF

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, glduck said:

These are some housebroken motherfuckers.  Instead of demanding the federal government provide greater benefits to laid-off workers and to state coffers, they scream and yell and demand that the governor lift protections for small businesses (if you're no longer under a government order to close, you're not entitled to employee retention credits from the IRS, and you're less eligible for PPP loans) and make workers choose between getting sick, or starving.

Oh, and blue lives don't matter anymore.

On 5/3/2020 at 5:41 AM, KUGRDON said:

NOT an epidemiologist talking.  Oh, and there’s a paywall.  I doubt you even read/watched this. Like I said, go lick some fucking doorknobs if you’re so convinced this is just flu season. 

1.  Have to read a variety of folks who are knowledgable.  Reading and sharing data does not constitute agreement, just demonstrates an open mind.

2.  The folks Capable of studying the data do not need to be epidemiologists.  Most of those doing so are not.

3.  You and misfit are the only ones on this board to say it’s less dangerous than the flu.

4.  The article made no recommendations, it merely demonstrated that in some nations there was a flattening of the curve where there was no “shutdown” and discussed possible cultural and social behaviors as well as climate and geography that may have contributed to that phenomenon.

5.  Every sane person is looking at data, seeking to expand available data and making judgments about risk/reward flowing from various behaviors and conditions on/for which data is available.

6.  Your practiced ignorance on this and other topics is not enlightening or entertaining.

Archived