The Flu

mysfit

24 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Wonder if @azgreg will find this more offensive than the OANN tweet I posted earlier today.

According to those guidelines, I'll be working at home until Phase 3 of the plan.  Oh boy but it's for the best for me. :(

Just as offensive and go fuck yourself.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

Jalapeno:   Don’t listen to Trump on this, listen to your governor.

Jalepeno 2 hours later:   Ooooh, look what Trump has to say!

Just simply posted what Trump had to say but where did I say to listen to Trump at this point?

Seems like people are getting antsy to get out of the house as seen with those protests in some states.  Eight more days until the stay at home order expires.  I think there will be a soft reopening in Colorado.  I hope I can get a haircut soon...my hair has not been that long since I was 17. :lol: 

9 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Seems like people are getting antsy to get out of the house as seen with those protests in some states. 

Your propaganda sites are lying to you.

Americans who want to “open this country” immediately vs. wait to see how #coronavirus progresses:

Cɪᴛʏ Rᴇsɪᴅᴇɴᴛs
• Now: 15%
• Wait: 75%

Sᴜʙᴜʀʙᴀɴ
• Now: 18%
• Wait: 73%

Rᴜʀᴀʟ
• Now: 23%
• Wait: 66%

https://news.gallup.com/poll/308264/americans-remain-risk-averse-getting-back-normal.aspx

i don’t know what immediately means in this discussion.  Haven’t heard anyone advocate “immediate opening.”  

This seems relatively immediate and kinda makes me nervous but then again I’m economically unaffected by the mitigation actions (notwithstanding temporary investment “losses”).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/uw-coronavirus-model-says-washington-state-can-start-safely-reopening-the-week-of-may-18/%3famp=1

I really miss time with my extended family, they are the joy of my life and I’m feeling isolated.  If mid-May is safe for those who would be more exposed to the increased risks, I would be thrilled.

This is Central Park on April 6 at the heart of the nation’s hot spots.  I wonder if these folks would get more attention if they were conservatives waving signs.

People who disregard reasonable mitigation steps are dangerous fools no matter their politics.

On 4/18/2020 at 4:56 PM, KUGRDON said:

This is Central Park on April 6 at the heart of the nation’s hot spots.  I wonder if these folks would get more attention if they were conservatives waving signs.

People who disregard reasonable mitigation steps are dangerous fools no matter their politics.

Two weeks ago is a lifetime ago.   The right information has been spreading slowly among the populace, sadly.

If we show Central Park now, you will see a VERY different picture.  What you see among the mouthbreathing deplorables in MI, VA, MN and other states is the result of an astroturf Fox-News misinformation movement to push people to reopen, and it's criminally irresponsible.  

On 4/18/2020 at 4:25 PM, KUGRDON said:

i don’t know what immediately means in this discussion.  Haven’t heard anyone advocate “immediate opening.”  

This seems relatively immediate and kinda makes me nervous but then again I’m economically unaffected by the mitigation actions (notwithstanding temporary investment “losses”).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/uw-coronavirus-model-says-washington-state-can-start-safely-reopening-the-week-of-may-18/%3famp=1

I really miss time with my extended family, they are the joy of my life and I’m feeling isolated.  If mid-May is safe for those who would be more exposed to the increased risks, I would be thrilled.

Anyone suggesting we open in May is a fucking idiot.

If we don't have 500k tests per day, we can't re-open.  Period.

Our current world record for a vaccine is FOUR YEARS.

We need a track-and-trace program with smart phones and streamlined testing.  But we don't have it, and with the GOP running things, we won't get it.  Your party is anti-science, anti-common-sense, and anti-common man (hence the BILLIONS more in handouts to airlines that should, indeed, go bankrupt).

Your orange-tanned hero will not let common-sense penetrate his impermeable skull, and we all are paying the price.  Happily, Trump-supporting boomers and silent-generation idiots will pay the heaviest price.  If only they were the sole recipients of the disease.

On 4/16/2020 at 8:56 PM, Jalapeno said:

Just simply posted what Trump had to say but where did I say to listen to Trump at this point?

You are so goddamned stupid it's literally painful to me.

Back when it didn't directly affect me, I laughed, too.   Now?  Your stupidity is infectious.  Literally.

Watch reliable news sources, you goddamned idiot.  

Enormous hotel and restaurant chains are raking in the PPP money while small businesses get fucked.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/04/20/white-house-gop-face-heat-after-hotel-restaurant-chains-helped-run-small-business-program-dry/?cv-campaign=4fda08e2fbca0387b958bb44bf5cc2b6&utm_campaign=wp_to_your_health&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_tyh

The PPP program was intended to benefit workers at businesses and nonprofit employers with fewer than 500 employees that are unable to obtain credit elsewhere, according to the Small Business Act, which formed the basis for the program.

But after intensive lobbying by the restaurant and hotel industries during the weeks leading to the passage of the $2 trillion Cares Act economic stimulus package, Congress allowed separate subsidiaries and locations to apply as businesses, even if they were part of a national or international chain.

"What do you have to lose?  Take it.  Just take it."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/more-deaths-no-benefit-malaria-160619592.html

Researchers analyzed medical records of 368 male veterans hospitalized with confirmed coronavirus infection at Veterans Health Administration medical centers who died or were discharged by April 11.

About 28% who were given hydroxychloroquine plus usual care died, versus 11% of those getting routine care alone. About 22% of those getting the drug plus azithromycin died too, but the difference between that group and usual care was not considered large enough to rule out other factors that could have affected survival.

Hydroxychloroquine made no difference in the need for a breathing machine, either.

Archived