Gaming Thread

PAC MAN

PS4 over the Xbox?

Without question. (Let me look like a complete fucking nerd right now)....

The XBOX One doesn't have the Frames Per Second thing down, like the PS4 does. Also, the PS4 is running in true 1080i, whereas the XBONE is running at 720 most of the time without the FPS being all that good. So if you care about graphics, then yeah, I'd say stick with the PS4 at launch. I'll eventually get the XBONE, when games like Titanfall are available (which wont be until Spring), but at launch, it makes more sense to stick with the Sony.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to just let the PS4 vs XB1 thing play out first.  There's this rumor that if M$ gets that specific person as the new CEO, he'll shut down the XBox division...which would be a dumb move on his part and should disqualify him from being CEO of M$ in an instant.  I suspect it could be a planted rumor designed to do harm to the XB1...LOL.

I don't think the 720p or 1080p thing is that big of a deal.  To really notice the difference, you might actually need a HDTV at least 40" and if you game on a smaller screen, it doesn't really matter.  I love the high def stuff because you can hook up a PS3, 360, and a Wii U to a computer monitor...not the resolution it provides.

Given that the PS3/360 gen lasted the longest, time is truly on the consumer's side.

Been reading those XB1 reviews...M$ had the best controller with the 360 (as many publications have stated) and they really did improve that controller for the XB1.  Each trigger button has its own rumble...I'm curious to see how first person shooter and racing games would benefit from that alone.

Some pretty cool stuff with the XB1...it makes it appear that the PS4 is playing it safe this gen.

Venture Beat is having a four article series on the new XB1 controller: http://venturebeat.com/2013/11/18/the-xbox-one-controller-projectors-smells-and-other-stuff-that-didnt-make-it-in-part-1-exclusive/

Got Zelda: A Link Between Worlds...the game is freaking awesome! That ability to be a drawing and move on the walls is one heck of an innovation. I think the Wii U version will be somewhat like the 3DS version.

I'm hoping that A Link To the Past will be unlockable from this game.

I'm hearing very good stuff about Super Mario 3D World...Nintendo can claim they have their good next gen games out while it'll be sometime before they come out for the PS4 and XB1.

Anyone get any good deals during Black Friday.  Got Need For Speed Most Wanted (2012) on Origin for just under $8 and GTA III for $5 on Steam (since it can play on Macs as well).

xbox 360 for $99 at Wallmart - not sexy like the next gen systems, but great deal

I'm seeing an eight core AMD FX CPU (8320) with 3.5 ghz for just $100 at Microcenter.  Don't know if it's part of Cyber Monday but if that price stays at that point, I will probably not get either the PS4 or XB1 for a very long time.  If I do get around to that, I most likely will go with the PS4...just look at how quickly M$ abandoned the XBox and I wonder if they will be quick to abandon the 360 as well.  The AMD FX four core is going at $70 at Microcenter as well.  That is very tempting to me since I could always upgrade to a 8 core CPU on the same motherboard.

The Nvidia Shield would be awesome especially if the wife is watching Netflix on the PC and I can simply play on the Shield.  You need a GTX 650 GeForce or better for that to work with your PC.  Plus it can play Android games.

http://shield.nvidia.com/play-pc-games/

Once I get my PC built, I think I'm finished with the console gaming business.  No more choosing the XBots or PS Fanboy or Ninty side!

xbox one sexy and all, but not many games available at this point.

I agree -- I got both systems, and have enjoyed them, but the lack of games was really disappointing. Them pushing back Watch Dogs, and others tells me those games weren't big enough of a difference between old gen and next gen.

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed is on sale for $5.00 on Steam but I'm going to wait until I can get that Sonic Hits Collection which has 17 games for $29.99 which includes that game and the first Sonic Racing game.

Now I understand why people are doubting Nintendo's future as a first party hardware maker.  That SASR Transformed really kicks the crap out of Mario Kart.  Nintendo really has to step it up for Mario Kart on the Wii U big time.

Those Batman games are good alternatives to the Metroid series and I'm looking forward to getting a copy of one of the Elder Scrolls games or Fable for the PC to get my Zelda fix.  Any other game suggestions like that would be appreciated.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-12-04-vita-tv-sales-in-japan-wont-change-western-rollout

Great news!  PS Vita TV is still on its way to North America even if it only sold 42k units in Japan.  I suspect it is because the Japanese seem to prefer mobile gaming over home console gaming.

And some good news for portable gamers: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/12/06/psn-maintenance-for-5-7-hours-on-monday-december-9th-increases-number-of-pspsps-vitas-allowed-on-your-psn-account/

You can now have up to three portable systems per PSN account.  That really solves some of the problems I were facing if I was to get new PSPs and Vitas.

Archived