Gaming Thread

PAC MAN

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.forbes.com/sites/******nrosenbaum/2014/06/30/aereo-android-tv-the-genie-has-left-the-bottle/

Anyone hear about that Android TV?  It seems to be like the Amazon Fire TV since it has its own controller as well.

EDIT:  It appears that Google will have full control of Android for TV and Wear.  Android L could also be the beginning of Google getting full control of Android.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2460315,00.asp

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently bought a Rise of Nations - Extended Edition.   I played the game several years ago and wanted to try it again.  I downloaded the game and when I went to play the curser does not line up correctly.  It is as if the curser is pressing on the screen about a quarter inch above and to the right of where the curser is on the screen.  Any fixes?

Steam has revolutionized PC gaming and has essentially killed any big box store selling anything noteworthy as far as games go

Indeed.  100M users are nothing to sneeze at.  That's why I have told my wife that it is unlikely I purchase a PS4 or XB1.

I'm building a cheap gaming PC which is my first build with the idea of upgrading the CPU and GPU when the time comes.  Just need a RAM stick & HDD (maybe SSD...read it is better for games) and I'm good to go.

Don: Have you restarted your computer or simply unplugged your mouse then plugged it back in?  I'm sure there are people on the web that might have had similar problems.  Wish I could help more in this case.

Thanks, have done both.  The game is the only function where the curser performance is off.  Other games and other uses, the curser is fine.

What brand of mouse?

Mouse driver could be the issue, installing standard msmouse driver would probably solve, but may disable special featuers if any exist of mouse. At least that would be my guess, haven't worked tech support in over 20 years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone catch the news about Grand Theft Auto for the PS4, XB1, and PC?

You will be able to play Grand Theft Auto V in First Person Mode.  I find that interesting since Rockstar could have made the PC version of GTA IV have first person mode.

There are other improvements besides that for the next gen version of GTA V.

Rockstar is doing everything right. Set all sorts of ridiculous records last November when you released GTA V, and then do it again by making everyone rebuy the same game for their next gen system. And from the reviews and snippets I've seen, shit looks clean.

Archived