Athletic Facilities

PAC MAN

It appears that USC will not have much problem raising the $600 million for the Coliseum renovations. They once again ranked 3rd among US universities for fundraising. Only Harvard and Stanford had more success.

USC also announced that it had raised $4 billion in gifts and pledges toward its ambitious campaign goal of $6 billion by June 2018. In a letter to the campus community Tuesday, USC President C.L. Max Nikias thanked donors and fundraisers but warned against complacency. â€œWe still have $2 billion left to raise, and the final stretch of any campaign is always the most difficult,†Nikias wrote.

USC Ranks 3rd In Nation For Fundraising

Cant stop change, I wonder if SDS will ever seat 75,000 in the future.

I fear that by dwarfing the stadium(even if by like 5,000 or so seats), SDS will become less of an intimidating place to play.

The more corporate a stadium feels = the less authentic it feels

Is SDS considered intimidating?

I don't feel like bigger is really better (no Don)

It appears that USC will not have much problem raising the $600 million for the Coliseum renovations. They once again ranked 3rd among US universities for fundraising. Only Harvard and Stanford had more success.

USC also announced that it had raised $4 billion in gifts and pledges toward its ambitious campaign goal of $6 billion by June 2018. In a letter to the campus community Tuesday, USC President C.L. Max Nikias thanked donors and fundraisers but warned against complacency. â€œWe still have $2 billion left to raise, and the final stretch of any campaign is always the most difficult,” Nikias wrote.

USC Ranks 3rd In Nation For Fundraising

I question anything where private schools release information with limited scope

Cant stop change, I wonder if SDS will ever seat 75,000 in the future.

I fear that by dwarfing the stadium(even if by like 5,000 or so seats), SDS will become less of an intimidating place to play.

The more corporate a stadium feels = the less authentic it feels

From what I have read, the reason for the reduction in seats is to charge more $ per seat.

http://www.buffzone.com/football-cubuffs/ci_27389072/cu-begins-new-phase-facility-fundraising

CU has raised $72M out of a target of $105M for the Folsom Field expansion.

Once that $105M target has been hit, CU will start raising money for the renovation of Coors Events Center and Balch Fieldhouse (on the west/southwest side of Folsom Field.  Not too bad raising money for a football program that has sucked hard for the last decade.

This will be what Folsom Field looks like after that job is done:

20150124__25DCSGEORGE~1.jpg

It has been 16 seasons since UCLA last won a conference title. The Bruins will never win another Pac-12 championship until they build an on-campus football stadium.

Until that happens elite recruits will continue to see that UCLA does not put much importance in its football program.