19 Wisconsin
20 Oklahoma
21 UNC
22 Ole Miss
23 Texas A&M
24 Tulane
25 Iowa

OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES:
Texas Tech 101, South Carolina 73, UCLA 66, UTSA 64, Arkansas 22, Boise St. 17, Pittsburgh 16, Kentucky 14, Louisville 10, Troy 10, Kansas 10, Auburn 7, Minnesota 6, Toledo 4, Duke 4, Mississippi St. 4, Florida 4, Illinois 3, Baylor 3, Coastal Carolina 3, South Alabama 1, NC State 1, James Madison 1, Liberty 1.

• Scscsc89 changed the title to AP Preseason Top 25

I think Oklahoma is good at where they are at.  TCU & KSU played in the B12 title game last season and Texas is rumored to be back this year.

Also looking ahead to next year, the B1G has five teams in the Top 10 while the SEC has just three.  The ACC rounds out the Top ten with two teams that appear to be on their way out of the ACC.

If I'm seeing one team that might not belong in the Top 25, it has to be Wisconsin.  They are moving away from their run heavy offense to the Air Raid in addition to the coaching change.

On 8/14/2023 at 2:31 PM, PAC MAN said:

Also looking ahead to next year, the B1G has five teams in the Top 10 while the SEC has just three.  The ACC rounds out the Top ten with two teams that appear to be on their way out of the ACC.

Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State are the only three 2023

B1G teams in the Top 10.  USC and Washington are not in the B1G yet.

If you're counting teams in "future" conferences, then you might as well count Clemson and FSU among the SEC teams.

But FSU and Clemson are in the ACC in 2023, and USC and Washington are in the PAC12, for 2023.

On 8/14/2023 at 2:31 PM, PAC MAN said:

f I'm seeing one team that might not belong in the Top 25, it has to be Wisconsin. 

Teams that shouldn't be in this preseason list include TXA&M, Oklahoma, Tulane, Iowa and UNC.

On 8/15/2023 at 12:51 AM, HLB said:

Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State are the only three 2023

B1G teams in the Top 10.  USC and Washington are not in the B1G yet.

If you're counting teams in "future" conferences, then you might as well count Clemson and FSU among the SEC teams.

But FSU and Clemson are in the ACC in 2023, and USC and Washington are in the PAC12, for 2023.

Did you not read "Also looking ahead to next year" before I mentioned how many B1G teams would be mentioned in the preseason Top 25?

The August 15th deadline for FSU & Clemson to notify the ACC that they are leaving is today and no BOR meetings from either school so they are in the ACC for 2024.

On 8/15/2023 at 12:51 AM, HLB said:

Teams that shouldn't be in this preseason list include TXA&M, Oklahoma, Tulane, Iowa and UNC.

Tulane doesn't have to deal with Cincinnati, Houston, and UCF so their path to the AAC title is pretty clear (with a starting QB entering his third season as the starter) unless they trip over that Roadrunner that hails from San Antonio.  The had a nice season...do you focus on just only the SEC?

Iowa: that program has been through a lot the last few seasons and they could decide to move on from Ferentz after this season.

Oklahoma: that program had quite the player turnover before last season so they should be better this year.  They have to figure out their defense soon before entering the SEC.

Texas A&M: their schedule shouldn't prevent them from going to a bowl game and I agree they shouldn't be in the Top 25.

On 8/14/2023 at 1:31 PM, PAC MAN said:

I think Oklahoma is good at where they are at.  TCU & KSU played in the B12 title game last season and Texas is rumored to be back this year.

If I'm seeing one team that might not belong in the Top 25, it has to be Wisconsin.  They are moving away from their run heavy offense to the Air Raid in addition to the coaching change.

I'm surprised CU isn't ranked in the top 10 of this poll and the Coaches Poll. Maybe they haven't heard a new Sheriff is in town? I've been told by CU fans that "Prime Time" is the answer and the Buffs have talent all over the field.

These voters need to get in touch with what's really going on.

• Haha 1