Heeke out as Arizona AD

azgreg

Looks messy. It seemed like AZ was gaining momentum as a 2 sport school rather than just a hoops school.  Not sure if Jedd would have stuck around with better management of his contract but this didn’t help it seems. Losing donor wallets is never good either. 

At least AZ was able to save some football players recently, but I’m not sold on the new coach Brennan.  He 34-48 in 7 years at SJSU. 

Hopefully AZ can get their shit together early in the B12. 

On 1/22/2024 at 6:39 PM, utenation said:

Looks messy. It seemed like AZ was gaining momentum as a 2 sport school rather than just a hoops school.  Not sure if Jedd would have stuck around with better management of his contract but this didn’t help it seems. Losing donor wallets is never good either. 

At least AZ was able to save some football players recently, but I’m not sold on the new Coach Brennan.  He 34-48 in 7 years at SJSU. 

Hopefully AZ can get their shot together early in the B12. 

I think that he got SJSU competitive the last 3-4 years….nothing short of remarkable.  Not predicting anything but there is probably more there than just the W-L column…..or Heeke tried to bleed a nickel and save some cash.  If the latter, shitty move.

it will be interesting to see if Brennan excels….did the boosters/President jump the gun?

On 1/22/2024 at 6:44 PM, Chile_Ute said:

I think that he got SJSU competitive the last 3-4 years….nothing short of remarkable.  Not predicting anything but there is probably more there than just the W-L column…..or Heeke tried to bleed a nickel and save some cash.  If the latter, shitty move.

it will be interesting to see if Brennan excels….did the boosters/President jump the gun?

Brennan is 0-3 in bowl games. His best season was 2020 Covid with 7 wins. Not many people count 2020, right? 7 wins was his peak at SJSU. Below .500 in 7 years. 

There might be something I’m missing but those numbers aren’t even average. I think with the year AZ had they could get better. But maybe the financial and AD mess scared away better choices? Not sure. 

On 1/22/2024 at 7:01 PM, utenation said:

Brennan is 0-3 in bowl games. His best season was 2020 Covid with 7 wins. Not many people count 2020, right? 7 wins was his peak at SJSU. Below .500 in 7 years. 

There might be something I’m missing but those numbers aren’t even average. I think with the year AZ had they could get better. But maybe the financial and AD mess scared away better choices? Not sure. 

Wont argue about that….but SJSU being in a bowl?!  I mean it’s oxymoronic to say that in a sentence.

It’s either a diamond in the rough and pans out or a total trainwreck….but I’m a bit less worried meeting them next year in B12 play.

Heeke should have been fired for the Kevin Sumlin debacle

Heeke should have been fired for being cucked by Robbins when it came to Sean Miller

Heeke should have been fired for being cucked again by Robbins when it came to the hiring of Fisch

Heeke should have been fired if he were the one stalling the Fisch extension (I actually doubt that was on him) leading to everything that went down over the last 7-10 days.

With as much as Robbins seemingly enjoyed walking over Heeke there is no way Robbins wasn't knee deep in whatever problems that were going on in the Athletic Department.  Gotta love scapegoats.