Oregon #2, ASU #6, UCLA #11, Arizona #14, Utah #23

PapaG

Win out, and the the Pac 12 title game is basically a quarterfinal game for the playoffs between Oregon and ASU.  Oregon is already in the conference title game, so barring a complete meltdown against CU or OS, they will be 11-1.  ASU has a much tougher schedule.

Why isn't USC ranked, by the way?  Didn't they beat Arizona in Tucson?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Win out, and the the Pac 12 title game is basically a quarterfinal game for the playoffs between Oregon and ASU.  Oregon is already in the conference title game, so barring a complete meltdown against CU or OS, they will be 11-1.  ASU has a much tougher schedule.

Why isn't USC ranked, by the way?  Didn't they beat Arizona in Tucson?

Boston College.

It looks like the committee is setting up things to work themselves out. Winner of Alabama/Miss St. will be in the top four, as should be the winner of the Pac. Baylor sticking around close enough to TCU where they could change their mind if Baylor has a convincing win against KState. Would be great if Miss State lost to Bama and Ole Miss, and then Bama loses the Iron Bowl and/or Missouri wins SEC CCG.

Boston College.

BC is 6-3, though, and beat Va Tech on the road.  Va Tech beat tOSU in Columbus.  Seems odd to me that USC isn't ranked, considering they have a road win at the #14 team.

It will all work itself out, though.  Utah, please start winning games again.  Beating Stanford and CU, and losing close to ASU, would be ideal for the Pac 12 in terms of playoffs.

It looks like the committee is setting up things to work themselves out. Winner of Alabama/Miss St. will be in the top four, as should be the winner of the Pac. Baylor sticking around close enough to TCU where they could change their mind if Baylor has a convincing win against KState. Would be great if Miss State lost to Bama and Ole Miss, and then Bama loses the Iron Bowl and/or Missouri wins SEC CCG.

I'm totally biased, but I want TCU in there....I think they are better besides the loss (kinda similar to Utah's meltdown loss with WSU).

I'd rather have an SEC team and FSU out of the running.....they are not a strong team. The ACC is a hot mess and they are starting to show strain (and again, I'm biased because I am a Winston/Fisher hater at this point....lost all respect).

I'm totally biased, but I want TCU in there....I think they are better besides the loss (kinda similar to Utah's meltdown loss with WSU).

I'd rather have an SEC team and FSU out of the running.....they are not a strong team. The ACC is a hot mess and they are starting to show strain (and again, I'm biased because I am a Winston/Fisher hater at this point....lost all respect).

Same here with TCU.

I wonder what happens if Alabama beats Miss St., does Miss St fall below TCU? 

Miss State played 4 OOC games.  None of them were against Power 5 teams.  I think FSU should be #1 right now, with Oregon ahead of Miss State.  The SEC is getting a legacy spot with Miss State and their garbage schedule.  At least FSU played Notre Dame.  

Miss State played 4 OOC games.  None of them were against Power 5 teams.  I think FSU should be #1 right now, with Oregon ahead of Miss State.  The SEC is getting a legacy spot with Miss State and their garbage schedule.  At least FSU played Notre Dame.  

But this is the one time I'll buy the argument playing SEC games trump the ACC performance. <just swallowed a little bile>

But this is the one time I'll buy the argument playing SEC games trump the ACC performance. <just swallowed a little bile>

I don't buy it.  FSU proved last season they can beat a SEC champ.  I can't stand Winston, but I can't find an objective reason to say why Miss State is ranked over FSU.  'Bama is going to dismantle Miss State this weekend, so the point will be moot.  

I don't buy it.  FSU proved last season they can beat a SEC champ.  I can't stand Winston, but I can't find an objective reason to say why Miss State is ranked over FSU.  'Bama is going to dismantle Miss State this weekend, so the point will be moot.  

I'll admit, my disdain for that trash and his coach (also trash) leaves me biased.  But....I think the SEC works itself out....and I'm not totally convinced that Florida doesn't win (even though they are a hot mess).

Regardless....the P12 has a solid argument being there with one scratching at the door.  I'm fine with it.

your SEC scenario is not that far fetched - it could easily happen

but I think Mizzou loses one and my Dawgs go to Atlanta

YES -  we shit the bed against UF, but we can beat either bama or MS State

MS State at #1 is a joke - more of a reflection of the SEC being down than how great MS State is

I thing UGA beats Auburn and that Mizzou drops one more

A 2 loss UGA COULD jump a 1 loss FSU or Baylor, but the SEC could also easily get shut out of the 1st playoff

I actually said this months ago - stage is set for it to happen...

BUT - I do think a 2 loss SEC team will be the top ranked 2 loss team over everyone AND would jump SOME 1 loss teams

UNLESS that 2 loss SEC champ is Mizzou - the Indiana loss sinks the Missouri Tigers...

BC is 6-3, though, and beat Va Tech on the road.  Va Tech beat tOSU in Columbus.  Seems odd to me that USC isn't ranked, considering they have a road win at the #14 team.

It will all work itself out, though.  Utah, please start winning games again.  Beating Stanford and CU, and losing close to ASU, would be ideal for the Pac 12 in terms of playoffs.

I'm sure USC is on the cusp, their only top 25 win right now is Arizona, Utah beat a slightly higher ranked UCLA in addition to beating USC heads up, so seeing Utah at #23 and USC just out isn't surprising.

Utah has already lost close to ASU, I would love to see them win out, would be happy with 2-3.

Archived