Holy Shit

KUGRDON

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

McMaster is reportedly favoring 10-35K US troops on the ground in Syria.

But Hillary is the hawk, trump is a dove.

so if we're keeping score at home, this week alone Trump has:

- launched 59 cruise missiles in Syria

- Dropped "the mother of all bombs" in Afghanistan

- Threatened to start a war with North Korea 

But her emails!

Hope this works out for us. 

2 minutes ago, All Hail said:

so if we're keeping score at home, this week alone Trump has:

- launched 59 cruise missiles in Syria

- Dropped "the mother of all bombs" in Afghanistan

- Threatened to start a war with North Korea 

But her emails!

Hope this works out for us. 

To be fair, she wanted to send more troops to Afghanistan and bomb every airport in Syria.  She also wanted safe zones in Syria which would mean troops on the ground.

The mother of all bombs is overplayed it's just a dozen 2000 pound bombs which Are dropped 30 at a time routinely.   The reporting regarding North Korea and troops for Syria seems suspect to me.  There are always contingency plans but at this point I don't think they are under serious consideration. We'll see.

1 minute ago, KUGRDON said:

To be fair, she wanted to send more troops to Afghanistan and bomb every airport in Syria.  She also wanted safe zones in Syria which would mean troops on the ground.

The mother of all bombs is overplayed it's just a dozen 2000 pound bombs which Are dropped 30 at a time routinely.   The reporting regarding North Korea and troops for Syria seems suspect to me.  There are always contingency plans but at this point I don't think they are under serious consideration. We'll see.

You posted a thread titled, "holy shit" even though you felt the reporting was suspect?  Perhaps you should rename it to, "Probably nothing to worry about, suspect reporting seems likely to me but..."

5 minutes ago, KUGRDON said:

To be fair, MSNBC went ape shit with BREAKING NEWS and I sort of reacted.  

And then when the topic became political, you conveniently reacted a different way.  Suddenly it's not holy shit, it's whatever.  I see you dude. 

12 minutes ago, All Hail said:

And then when the topic became political, you conveniently reacted a different way.  Suddenly it's not holy shit, it's whatever.  I see you dude. 

It was always political.  Ease up, cowboy, it's not all tactical.  Sometimes posting is just fun.

Just now, KUGRDON said:

It was always political.  Ease up, cowboy, it's not all tactical.  Sometimes posting is just fun.

If you couldn't tell from the friendly, "I see you dude", I was easing up.  Your're not too cool to be on the wrong end of a joke every now and again are ya? :)

15 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

"Crazed Militarism"

I just had my Movantik moment.

Fighting has also shifted to urban areas in Iraq and Syria.  Heavy civilian casualties as Iraqi forces seek to take Mosul.

I understand your objection to the life  of even a single American in these conflicts. It is a natural emotional response that seeks to avoid the gruesome but necessary  cost-benefit analysis of warfare. I do note, however, that I don't recall a single lamentation about the loss of hundreds of thousands of civilians to Isis in Iraq and Syria and the creation of millions of refugees. Yet the loss of life in the liberation from Isis draws "crazed militarism."  A unique perspective.  It reminds me of Obama allowing ISIS to earn 50 million a month from oil sales because he did not want to kill the truck drivers transporting oil.  After two years, and after horrendous terrorist attacks in France and the related pressure for action, Obama discovered that bombing two or three convoys almost completely stopped the flow of oil and income with only the deaths of a relative few truck drivers.

One might compare the loss of civilian life to Isis in Iraq and Syria attributable to troop withdrawal to the loss of civilian life in liberation efforts and comment "crazed pacifism."  Encouraging Civil War in Syria and not providing adequate Assistance is the combination of the worst of two philosophies, both crazy militarism and crazy pacifism.

19 hours ago, All Hail said:

You posted a thread titled, "holy shit" even though you felt the reporting was suspect?  Perhaps you should rename it to, "Probably nothing to worry about, suspect reporting seems likely to me but..."

Today we have news that Trump is spending the weekend in Florida without staff and Pence will be visiting South Korea. This means that military action in North Korea (or Syria) Is almost our surely not going to happen.  It looks like MSNBC jumped the shark.

4 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

I do note, however, that I don't recall a single lamentation about the loss of hundreds of thousands of civilians to Isis in Iraq and Syria and the creation of millions of refugees.

You recall incorrectly then.  I have always been open that the US should do what it can to help civilians & refugees as part of international peacekeeping efforts.  However, in most of the places in the middle east, the choices are tough & I would always lean AGAINST going it alone or sending in US Troops without clear objectives.   In other words, when in doubt, stay out.

Archived