Best Restaurant You've Dined At

All Hail

17 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

My apologies Quack.  I’m not a dumpling fan but the name and picture warrant the stop.  What’s your favorite menu item?  I don’t know, I’ve only had chicken and dumplings once almost 60 years ago.  My Gram made it and the dumplings were gummy (to a 6 year old).  Maybe not supposed to be that way.

I'm not a huge chicken and dumplings fan either, although Tad's are damn good. And no, they're not supposed to be gummy, but they're kinda bland.

I like their house-smoked salmon, and the pan-fried chicken is good too.

Tad's is about as old school as you can get. It's definitely "comfort food."

The last time I dined in SF was at Postrio, the Puck restaurant, which has been closed for about 10 years. The setting was amazing; the food was a bit pretentious.

1 minute ago, Quack 12 said:

I'm not a huge chicken and dumplings fan either, although Tad's are damn good. And no, they're not supposed to be gummy, but they're kinda bland.

I like their house-smoked salmon, and the pan-fried chicken is good too.

Tad's is about as old school as you can get. It's definitely "comfort food."

The last time I dined in SF was at Postrio, the Puck restaurant, which has been closed for about 10 years. The setting was amazing; the food was a bit pretentious.

I’ll go for the salmon.  Can’t wait.

On 10/26/2017 at 9:56 AM, glduck said:

i had Taco Bell last night and this thread makes me feel like a caveman.

I was gonna namedrop my local applebee's for throwing together a decent ribeye, but I can see that I, too, need to show myself out....

Seriously though, Zydeco in Bend has a BBQ shrimp appetizer that is worth the drive for any of you in this forum.  Except Bruin.

The Screen Door in Portland is awesome.  

http://screendoorrestaurant.com

Archived