The Flu

mysfit

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The idea behind lifting mask mandates was to give a carrot to the vaccine-hesitant.  "See, just take this little shot, and you can be free, too!"

What we didn't count on is that Fox, Turning Point, Facebook, Parler, Trump and the entire GOP would engage in a full-frontal political assault on public health once again, merely because Biden wants people to live.  If the GOP had not been so fucking pissed off that Biden was winning against the virus, it would've been over by now.

I think vaccinations have more to do with private-sector (and some public sector) vax mandates.

Stop making this shit optional.  Demand vaccinations for every single damned thing that Americans like to do.  It's the only way out of this.  Depending on 40% of Americans (basically the GQP) to agree to vaccinate on their own is clearly madness.   

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2021 at 9:39 AM, Scorcho said:

already been to two heart-breaking funerals due to COVID, and am likely to attend at least one more next month.

I f__kin hate this virus soooo much!

Sorry for your loss, man. 

I just found out over the weekend a fellow coach and one of my long time leaguemates in a fantasy league is hospitalized and not doing well. Perhaps of no correlation but he and his family moved to Florida about 5 weeks ago. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived