C/O 2018 Recruiting

MrBug708

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

A lot of out of region kids for Oregon. Probably going to need a 9-10 win season to hold onto them.

Yeah winning always helps.  Taggart has know Bolden for 4 years, and had a great relationship with his family.  But winning will definitely help keep them in the fold.

3 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

A lot of out of region kids for Oregon. Probably going to need a 9-10 win season to hold onto them.

I don't know about that.  New staff and these would be their recruits so barring some disaster off-the-field that ruins the program a 5-7/7-5 season isn't the end of the world.  It's just odd as a Duck fan to actually have some talented verbal commitments before the end of April.

5 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

2 is a lot? 

It's almost a certainty that at least one of these guys will change his mind in the next 3/4 of a year, and the long distance dudes are probably the most likely. 

4 hours ago, dtd said:

2 is a lot? 

It's almost a certainty that at least one of these guys will change his mind in the next 3/4 of a year, and the long distance dudes are probably the most likely. 

I forget about Colorado being in our region now. Their kids tend to go Midwest it seems

4-star RB Jevon Holland from my former high school, Bishop O'Dowd is going to commit to the Ducks today.   It's a sad state of affairs when Cal can't even get BOD kids anymore.  He should be a good one although I doubt he plays RB at the next level.  Seems like more of a defensive guy if you ask me.  He's a super versatile athlete who could end up at corner, safety, WR, or even linebacker as he has the frame for it. It will be interesting to see what the Ducks do with him.  Ranked #144 on the ESPN 300. 

42 minutes ago, All Hail said:

4-star RB Jevon Holland from my former high school, Bishop O'Dowd is going to commit to the Ducks today.   It's a sad state of affairs when Cal can't even get BOD kids anymore.  He should be a good one although I doubt he plays RB at the next level.  Seems like more of a defensive guy if you ask me.  He's a super versatile athlete who could end up at corner, safety, WR, or even linebacker as he has the frame for it. It will be interesting to see what the Ducks do with him.  Ranked #144 on the ESPN 300. 

He's a safety all the way. 

2 hours ago, All Hail said:

And there it is. He mentioned Coach Heyward, the safeties coach. Presuming he and Stephens aren't busts or  idiots, stay healthy and don't transfer, the Ducks' secondary should be good for a few years. 

Archived