bob stoops stepping down?

glduck

Whatever his reasons, Stoops has been a great coach and has one of the best records in the sport.  Lincoln Riley, while a promising young coach, will have a high standard to reach to be at the level they consider a success in Norman.  The Sooners play at Ohio State in September, so that ought to be interesting.  The following years there are home-and-homes with UCLA, Tennessee, Nebraska, Michigan, and LSU.  Oklahoma has never shied away from competition.  This will be interesting to watch.

6 minutes ago, glduck said:

what does one have to do with the other

Apparently you are not tuned in to that part of the country.  Texas Tech's coach is also on the hot seat this year as well.  Two P5 jobs being open in the Lone Star state is a big deal.

45 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

Apparently you are not tuned in to that part of the country.  Texas Tech's coach is also on the hot seat this year as well.  Two P5 jobs being open in the Lone Star state is a big deal.

well i understand that the a&m job would be a big opening but i was just confused when you mentioned it right after a post about bob stoops being a great coach. 

12 minutes ago, glduck said:

well i understand that the a&m job would be a big opening but i was just confused when you mentioned it right after a post about bob stoops being a great coach. 

LOL it happens.

On 6/7/2017 at 2:15 PM, Jalapeno said:

Given that Texas A&M has put their coach on the hot seat, it isn't a surprise that Stoops decided to step down now.

This comment makes zero sense.  Still.

I realize I'm pissing into the wind by mentioning that, but anyway....

Lincoln Riley was entering his third season as the OC and was on a three year contract meaning he was free to go after this upcoming season.  Plus two P5 jobs opening up in Texas...that makes sense.  I'm the only poster on this board whose team have went against those teams regularly so no apologies if I'm apparently ahead of the curve when it comes to teams from that region.

23 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Lincoln Riley was entering his third season as the OC and was on a three year contract meaning he was free to go after this upcoming season.  Plus two P5 jobs opening up in Texas...that makes sense.  I'm the only poster on this board whose team have went against those teams regularly so no apologies if I'm apparently ahead of the curve when it comes to teams from that region.

The day you're ahead of the curve on anything except sign-language is the day hell freezes over.

Archived