2019 OOC

PAC MAN

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

While I wouldn't be opposed to a home-home for the uniqueness of it, there really is no world in which UCLA should travel to play CC

Very understandable of you wanting to uphold those standards.  CU didn't play FCS teams for a long time until Montana State and those games haven't benefited CU even if CU won some of those games.

Going to Coastal Carolina might not be a bad thing since that region is said to be fertile recruiting ground.

Recently drove from Denver to Wisconsin for a church conference (humidity in Wisconsin was more than I wanted to deal with).  On the way back, someone bought me a Cornhusker hat and told me to put it on even if I was wearing a CU shirt at the time.  I had a little fun with the cashier and told her I missed the rivalry and she nodded in agreement.  It's fun to have that hat in my office this morning next to my CU mini helmet (have a Denver Broncos one too).

image.thumb.png.42f42c665aa8c7fb40b076e19addef19.png

CU will still be #1 just like having to deal with family from Oklahoma & Texas when it came to CU-NU.

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 4:56 PM, Jalapeno said:

I'll admit it...I'm starting to get bored enough to start thinking about college football again so I'll just post the OOC schedule. Will start with Zero Week and Opening Week.

August 24: UA @ Hawaii

Arizona, just please don't let the MWC Board have a victory parade because it seems like forever since they beat a Pac-12 team.

August 29: Kent State @ ASU, UCLA @ Cinncinnati, and Utah @ BYU.

Should be a fun evening to watch football.  Kent State has a former Auburn QB recruit slated to start along with five out of six WRs returning.  ASU will be breaking in a new QB and go to WR.  Could be an interesting game.   If ASU loses this one, just be ready to hear which ASU players are "cut".  As for UCLA, I'm thinking Chip Kelly will have a better season opener this time around.  When it comes to rivalries, it doesn't matter when the teams meet because they will still want to knock the snot out of each other.

August 30: Oklahoma State @ OSU, and CU vs Colorado State

The biggest story of the OSU Bowl will be what uniforms both teams will wear and then the Cowboys probably end up skinning the Beavers...or are they now just called the Beavs?  CU-CSU could be a high scoring affair after a CU starting DB from last season just declared he is not returning to the team and the CU Buffs secondary is pretty thin at this time.  That would be a nice Mile High Stadium finale as both teams will not play at Mile High Stadium in Denver for the forseeable future.

August 31: UC-Davis @ Cal, EWU @ UW, NMSU @ WSU, Northwestern @ Stanford, Frenso State @ USC, Auburn Vs UO

Will Dan Hawkins have a better game at Cal compared to the last time he came as the CU coach?  I'd be happy if someone sneaked in with piss bombs to throw at him.  That is not Jake Browning lining up under center for the Huskies...it's Jacob Easton that transfer from Georgia and will he be more bite than bark?  Meanwhile in Pullman, an unknown QB will be starting a mini-Heisman campaign and should put up Heisman-type of numbers against NMSU who belongs in FCS football.  Northwestern-Stanford...prices for that game could be insane depending on the under the table payments from the parents of under-qualified students.  Will USC be cleared for take off at United Airlines Field at the Coliseum or is that name being parked in the hangar along with the 737 MAX?  Will USC's new offense have a delayed start?  Auburn-Oregon should be entertaining to watch.  If Auburn loses the game, will they fire the coach at the airport?  The payout from Jerry Jones could help with that buyout tho.

September 6, 2019: Sacramento State @ ASU

Seriously we need to reduce those lame OOC matchups.  Just restrict UA & ASU to playing NAU in alternating years.

September 7, 2019: Nevada @ UO, OSU @ Hawaii, Northern Colorado @ WSU, NAU @ UA, Nebraska @ CU, SDSU @ UCLA, and NIU @ Utah

Nevada might as well stay home and forfeit the game against the Ducks.  I will be the first to offer my congrats to the Beavs making a bowl game this early in the season as they travel to HawaiiNorthern Colorado usually has no defense so WSU should light up the scoreboard.  Would it be possible to trade NAU for either Arizona school?  I hear the scenery in Flagstaff is breathtaking. CU fans miss taunting those opposing Big 12 fans since those Big 12 fans have to go back to those bland places they come from and doing that after another win over Nebraska would be awesome.  SDSU fans are stuck with asshats such as the one that was on this board before Bug took the reins and another win over that school would be awesome for this board.  NIU will find the going tougher in Salt Lake City and those camera shots of the RES expansion will be more breathtaking than DeKalb, Illinois.

Friday September 13, 2019: WSU @ Houston

You probably knew what I was going to say...some one is going to Coug it up in Houston.

September 14, 2019: Montana @ UO, Cal Poly @ OSU, North Texas @ Cal, Hawaii @ UW, TT @ UA, ASU @ Michigan State, Stanford @ UCF, Air Force @ CU, Oklahoma @ UCLA, Idaho State @ Utah, and USC @ BYU.`

Montana visits Eugene for another PCC matchup...what was the series record between them and the Ducks?  Cal Poly isn't Cal Tech (same colors as the Beavs)...that's a good thing because after the previous OSU Bowl, that game would have been called the Beaver Bowl and someone from Cal Tech would try to manipulate the score board to show a win for that Beaver team from California.  North Texas will bring an air raid offense to Cal...Cal fans might be having nightmares of Sonny Dykes who coaches down I-35 at SMU.  Texas Tech is one of two Pac-16 games and could this game be the beginning of a new rivalry down the road with the Wildcats?  Hawaii must be trying to apply for membership in the PAC and Larry Scott would approve in a heartbeat...gotta conquer that Asian market as soon as possible.  Husky fans might not be up for long plane rides to Japan and will throw piss balloons filled with rocks at Larry Scott if he is at Husky Stadium.  Just please do it since that jackass just got another pay raise.  Michigan State might as well break out those UO-esque uniforms and win their game against ASU by default.  UCF will try to get a playoff spot by beating Stanford.  CU has an aerospace engineering program that leads to programs where they build fighter planes, bomber planes, missles for the Air Force.  Both teams haven't played since 1974 due to the former AFA AD still being sore from having snowballs filled with batteries thrown at him.  Another Pac-16 game...if UCLA's AD wants more money, he'll tell Chip Kelly to let the Sooners win since an UCLA win might scare those Okies away from the PAC.  Utah needs to forfeit some Pac-12 money by scheduling another FCS school in Idaho State.  BYU would have been a better opponent and a third Holy War would have been better but BYU fans will say they have bigger fish to fry at home against the Trojans.  Confusion might abound in Provo when BYU students are caught in the act with carrying those condom packages.

September 21: UW @ BYU, and Cal @ Ole Miss

If Larry Scott was to threaten the Utes with a Pac-12 membership for BYU, they might stop scheduling those FCS opponents.  Husky fans would probably be freaked out at that thought of BYU being in the PAC after visiting the campus in Provo.  Former CU head coach Mike MacIntyre is the Ole Miss defensive coordinator so that might give the Rebels an edge in Oxford.

October 12, 2019: USC @ Norte Dame

Will this game have any meaning by the time it comes around?  Perhaps by then, the 737 MAX planes will be flying around which might be around the time the Trojan Air Raid offense gets going.  Will the South Bend weather be conductive for take off?

November 30, 2019: Norte Dame @ Stanford

This game only benefits Norte Dame because of recruiting.  Perhaps Stanford will give the Cali kids a reason to stay home instead of dealing with those winters in South Bend.

My predictions:  Aug 24: Arizona has already fallen to Hawaii;  Aug. 29: UCLA will fall to Cincinnati;  Aug. 30: Oregon State falls to OK State;  Aug. 31:  Oregon will fall to Auburn;  N'western will push Stanford;  Fresno State will put a scare into USC;  Sept. 7:  Oregon State falls to Hawaii; Colorado falls to Nebraska;  Sept. 13:  WSU falls to Houston;  Sept. 14:  UA falls to TXTECH; ASU falls to Michigan State; Stanford falls to UCF; UCLA falls to Oklahoma;  Sept. 21:  Cal falls to Ole Miss;  Oct. 12:  USC falls to ND;  Nov. 30:  Stanford falls to ND

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 2:55 PM, Quack 12 said:

That's a very altruistic idea, but 'Bama isn't going to give the Citadel a red cent if they aren't assured an almost certain "W." 

FYI:  Alabama and Saban are the "one" SEC school that wants to do away with FCS OOC games.

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 4:07 PM, Scscsc89 said:

Yeah I don’t think Bama is the biggest problem here

altruism has nothing to do with it.  Those programs can wither & die for all I care — I just want better football games

The majority of students who attend college on a scholarship are at the smaller schools.  Without those programs, many students would not have an opportunity to attend college.  And if you want to see better football games, there are four other conferences beside the PAC12, from which you can get better football games.

10 minutes ago, HLB said:

And if you want to see better football games, there are four other conferences beside the PAC12, from which you can get better football games.

Such as the ACC ...

No P5 team is playing an FCS team out of altruism, I promise you.

Archived