The disinformation thread

Scscsc89

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminds me of photos of kids in cages from 2014 that liberals tried to pass off as recent.

————————-

Some of the most-shared images of the Amazon rainforest fires are old or are not of the Amazon

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/22/us/debunk-amazon-photos-trnd/index.html

One such photo -- one of the most-shared photos on social media -- shows a lush forest with a massive wall of smoke billowing from a fire.
Musical artist and actor Jaden Smith shared the image on his Instagram, where it garnered over a million likes. YouTube celebrity Logan Paul shared the image on Twitter, too.

Yes, the image shows the Amazon rainforest in Brazil. But it's not of the current fires. It's more than 20 years old: the Guardian, which republished the photo in 2007, says it was taken in June 1989.

39 minutes ago, PapaG said:

Reminds me of photos of kids in cages from 2014 that liberals tried to pass off as recent.

————————-

Some of the most-shared images of the Amazon rainforest fires are old or are not of the Amazon

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/22/us/debunk-amazon-photos-trnd/index.html

One such photo -- one of the most-shared photos on social media -- shows a lush forest with a massive wall of smoke billowing from a fire.
Musical artist and actor Jaden Smith shared the image on his Instagram, where it garnered over a million likes. YouTube celebrity Logan Paul shared the image on Twitter, too.

Yes, the image shows the Amazon rainforest in Brazil. But it's not of the current fires. It's more than 20 years old: the Guardian, which republished the photo in 2007, says it was taken in June 1989.

From your link: 

In Brazil alone, there are 80% more fires in 2019 than there were last year, according to the country's space research center. More than half of the fires in Brazil are in its Amazon region.

You're a fucking clown.  The photos are wrong; the crisis is real.  What point can you POSSIBLY hope to make by merely shaming people who share the wrong photo?

18 minutes ago, Orange said:

What point can you POSSIBLY hope to make by merely shaming people who share the wrong photo?

If one thing is wrong they must ALL be wrong, so it’s easier to just trust what Fox tells you to think.

This is a good example of the fundamental marching orders Papa and other far righters take from their news outlets. Seek out an errant photo, or an incorrect-but-ultimately-superfluous detail, and use it to invalidate an entire argument. We see this all the time in the gun debate: the moment a liberal calls an AR-15 an 'assault rifle' the broader argument is lost. That's all the conservative spin focuses on. 

1 hour ago, glduck said:

This is a good example of the fundamental marching orders Papa and other far righters take from their news outlets. Seek out an errant photo, or an incorrect-but-ultimately-superfluous detail, and use it to invalidate an entire argument. We see this all the time in the gun debate: the moment a liberal calls an AR-15 an 'assault rifle' the broader argument is lost. That's all the conservative spin focuses on. 

A perfect description of SucSuc. Nailed that one!

1 hour ago, glduck said:

Seek out an errant photo, or an incorrect-but-ultimately-superfluous detail, and use it to invalidate an entire argument.

Such as “the Trump tax cuts were a stupid idea because it exploded the deficit like experts told you it would.”

3 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

Such as “the Trump tax cuts were a stupid idea because it exploded the deficit like experts told you it would.”

And made worse by two budget deals with the Dems which ballooned spending.  Americans deserve every bit of this disfunction.  Every fucking bit of it.

14 hours ago, KUGRDON said:

And made worse by two budget deals with the Dems which ballooned spending.  Americans deserve every bit of this disfunction.  Every fucking bit of it.

Oh shut the fuck up.  This is a GOP-created issue, and you know it.  

Those damn White Nationalist Iraqi Jews!  Fake News Maddow kicks ass again. At least she’s stopped pushing the Russian Hoax to her dipshit viewers, I give her that.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-pundits-court-pick

President Trump’s nominee for a seat on the Second Circuit Court of Appeals has been vilified in recent days as a racist and misogynist by liberal pundits and organizations -- but conservative allies claim the attacks amount to a smear campaign and a gross distortion of his past writings. 

The attacks against judicial nominee ******n Menashi picked up last week with a segment by MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow, in which the host discussed a 2010 article Menashi wrote for the University of Pennsylvania Journal of International Law, titled “Ethnonationalism and Liberal Democracy.” 

Maddow started off her discussion by comparing the term “ethnonationalism” to white nationalism. “Are you talking about what I think you’re talking about? Oh yes you are,” Maddow said, also claiming that the article “ends with this sort of war cry about how a country can’t work, how definitely democracy can’t work unless the country is defined by a unifying race.” 

Menashi’s article does not say anything about democracy requiring that people be of the same race. What the article is about – and what Maddow does not mention – is the reconciliation of liberal democratic ideals with the concept of Israel as a Jewish state. Menashi, who is Jewish and of Iraqi descent, argues that Israel being a Jewish state is no different than other countries establishing a state for citizens of a common origin. While Israel does grant preference to Jews when it comes to granting citizenship, he argues once people are citizens of Israel, they enjoy equal rights regardless of religion or country of origin

6 minutes ago, PapaG said:

This is Orange agreeing with a fellow lying liberal spreading disinformation and ideological fascism.

I have no fucking idea who "Dennesse" is (or if that's a real name) and I certainly don't fucking care about Olive Garden.

You're reaching, as usual.  How depressed you must be.

7 minutes ago, Orange said:

I have no fucking idea who "Dennesse" is (or if that's a real name) and I certainly don't fucking care about Olive Garden.

This is Orange projecting again.  His personal life is a sad tale that he’s shared with us all.  The anger...

1 hour ago, Orange said:

Check with SucSuc he knows all the worthless tweeters as he has more than demonstrated here.

Archived