Fall Camp 2019 Around the PAC

PapaG

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

Expected the first part, did not expect the second.

I've been following this. The writing was on the wall with Sears and Slovis quite a while ago, at least according to some of the insane people at wild west. 

He’s had 2 Spring camps & 2 Fall camps to establish himself & hasn’t so I don’t know how raw a deal he’s had.

Now maybe he’s one of those gamers like Darnold that has intangibles that don’t show up until you put him into a game, but they reportedly had to limit Sears to one side of the field in his one start last year because he just can’t make all the throws reliably.

Do you think that he was truly given every chance to start and best out Daniels? Pretty sure the 4th strong is both sides letting each other know it won't work out. For what I've read on a few sites is that slovis is a step behind everyone but he's this current regimes guy they are invested in, not that he earned it.

I do think sears was given every chance & if he had showed he was the best QB in fall camp, he’d absolutely be named the starter.   Not one USC media source I’ve read said he was.

helton and Harrell have no incentive to pick someone that doesn’t give them the best shot to win right now.   There may not be a second month for Helton let alone another year.

Unless you are saying that sears got a raw deal for #2?   It’s hard for me to work up that much outrage.  My guess is that if Daniels was out for an extended time, they might rethink it.

added bonus is if Fink and/or Sears decide to check out now, USC doesn’t have to announce a change of depth chart.

Sorry, I didnt mean to insinuate that Sears should get it over Daniels, but no way is he the 4th best QB in camp. I also never expressed the opinion that you should outraged. But if he sticks around this year, I'd; imagine he or Fink will see time before Slovis every does. More of a formality I guess.

21 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

Sorry, I didnt mean to insinuate that Sears should get it over Daniels,

Hmmm, okay

1 hour ago, MrBug708 said:

Do you think that he was truly given every chance to start and best out Daniels?

21 minutes ago, MrBug708 said:

But if (Sears) sticks around this year, I'd imagine he or Fink will see time before Slovis every does.

I would’ve thought so too before yesterday ... but then reading Harrell’s comments this afternoon .... (he gets four free games after all).

• 3 months later...
On 8/6/2019 at 5:51 PM, dtd said:

Peterman talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk. He poaches players who are already committed to other programs and then whines publicly about other coaches doing it. His starting QB is a transfer but there he goes running his mouth again about transfers. He claims that the student athlete's best interest is always the priority and then refuses the waiver for Yankoff. If he were pulling this crap at Oregon UW fans would be raining shit down on him. 

In light of recent events, Im kind of amazed at the audacity Petersen had about commitment to the team

Archived