Gaming Thread

PAC MAN

I know that this is a somewhat dated reference im about to make, but I still remember the PS2 vs Xbox war that took place between about 2000-2005.

Xbox won that war in my opinion, but I still had fun playing Socom Navy Seals on PS2 when I was kid. Online multiplayer with other kids around the country/world was really fun.

That XBox/PS2 gen was awesome.  I haven't had any sparks for the PS4/XB1 gen and I really enjoyed the PS3/360 gen a lot...I think I'd put that gen ahead of the PS2/XBox gen in my opinion.

I'm going to be looking for an used PS2 unit somewhere pretty soon since I never got to play the Tekken series.  I'll go ahead and list some games that I really loved from the PS2/XB gen:

Halo 2 (played the first one but I'm definitely getting the remake for the 360

Jet Set Radio Future

Crazy Taxi 3

Midway Arcade Treasures 3 (the one that had Hydrothunder in it)

Burnout 3 (just got that for the 360 digitally...game still looks good)

Need For Speed Underground

Ninja Gaiden Black (will get it on the 360 soon)

And I had a SEGA Dreamcast which was part of the same generation:

NFL 2K (Randy Moss was unstoppable)

Crazy Taxi 1 & 2

Hydrothunder

Steet Fighter III

I have a good chunk of those games either on the 360 or PC.

And as for the GameCube:

Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2

Super Mario Sunshine

F Zero

Tales of Symphonia

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought Rocket League on Steam today...boy that game is a blast to play and I haven't tried online matches just yet.  I used to play soccer with my toy cars and never thought I'd see the day there was a fun videogame like that.

Edit: Not only there is "soccar" but there is a basketball and hockey version as well.  The value out of the $20.00 I spent on the game is just amazing.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/01/30/japanese-arcade-pioneer-and-father-pac-man-has-died.html

Pac Man creator dies at age 91.  The very first arcade games I played in my life were Pac-Man, Galaga, and Pole Position.  I'm still a big Namco fan due to the games they made especially Ridge Racer and now Tekken & Soul Calibur.  That company clearly is my favorite game company.

Watched the movie Pixels and really enjoyed that movie.  That movie got some negative reviews because people didn't really understand 1980's culture and that reminded me of a mother telling me that her children didn't understand the movie Cars when it was related to NASCAR culture.

pixel-movie-pacman-wallpaper-3.jpg

Watched the movie Pixels and really enjoyed that movie. That movie got some negative reviews because people didn't really understand 1980's culture and that reminded me of a mother telling me that her children didn't understand the movie Cars when it was related to NASCAR culture.

pixel-movie-pacman-wallpaper-3.jpg

i think far more people didn't like pixels because it was a shitty adam sandler movie.

Nerding out here:

Started playing No Man's Sky a few days ago. It's a departure from traditional console games in that the game's worlds are created by an algorithm rather than being fully wrought and committed to memory. As a result, it claims to be capable of generating 18 quintrillion unique planets to be explored. Unfortunately there are nowhere near 18 quintrillion planet elements, like geography, flora and fauna, etc., so every planet is kind of a variation on one of several themes. 

There is no interactive online game, but as you explore, you can name the solar systems and planets you "discover," and upload them. Those designations, with credit to you for their discovery, will appear in everyone's game. The developers claim that it is unlikely players will stumble upon systems that have already been discovered and named because the "galaxy" is so huge, but I've already been to one, and I've only visited six systems. But here's the odd part: because the game is "procedurally generated" in the console rather than read from a disc or program, the planet that other player "discovered" isn't the same one that I visited. Strange stuff.

Anyway, as it turns out, it's really just another find shit, sell shit, buy shit, build shit kind of game, The spacecraft graphics are great, although the controls are kinda wonky. From a hyperspace jump between systems to using "pulse" power between planets and their moons, to entering the atmosphere of some toxic world, to a slow flyover of a green and pink continent, the game has an impressive and realistic scale. If you like free roam and survival-style games, it's a lot of fun at a respectably low price point. 

• 3 months later...

Tekken 7 is downloading on my PC right now and the PC version is getting positive vibes...looks like they learned from Street Fighter V's mistakes especially when T7 was supposed to have came out last February.

June 6 update: Two big thumbs up to the PC port since it is the best optimized game I have seen in awhile although Doom ranks up there as well.  Now I have no reason to go back to consoles at this point since all the good fighting games except Injustice 2 have PC ports.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/5/2017 at 11:03 PM, Jalapeno said:

https://dpadjoy.com/2017/06/05/mega-man-legacy-collection-2-confirmed-check-out-the-first-trailer/

Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 confirmed for XB1, PS4, and PC. Mega Man 7-10 in the game.

Just got that plus the first collection for just under $20 on Steam last night.  Less than $2 per game...not bad!

• 7 months later...

Archived