Picking Up The Pieces

PAC MAN

On 7/29/2023 at 2:02 PM, Buff_Fan said:

Gotcha.  Quoted me so I assumed you were.  Apologies.

Those Ute fans are on edge because they are going to either be back with their ex or will be putting up with their ex having more money than them.  Don't feel sorry for them but you can laugh at them which I am doing at this point.

On 7/29/2023 at 3:16 PM, PAC MAN said:

Those Ute fans are on edge because they are going to either be back with their ex or will be putting up with their ex having more money than them.  Don't feel sorry for them but you can laugh at them which I am doing at this point.

I am rooting for the Utes and the pac.  The way this has gone down (realignment) sucks, it is wrecking cfb imo.  That said, we are in a spot where survival is at stake.

• Like 1

Arizona is on the clock and it sounds like Tucson will be Big 12 territory as soon as this coming Monday.  Either UO & UW or ASU & UU will follow suit.  Nothing else besides that and I am done with the bad news for this conference.  Reports are saying 14 teams but it appears that 16 is the goal here.  If it is just 14, Tucson is the last one into the B12 and there will be a lot of anticipation for those UA-KU matchups on the hardwood.  I still hate KU almost as much as I hate Nebraska so in that case GO WILDCATS and I mean the red & blue one not the purple & silver one from a dump in the middle of Kansas.

Remember the PAC is still an Automatic 5 conference and that is legislated into the NCAA.  That is not something you can say about the P2 so take a deep breath, open that cold can up, and kick back.  The PAC is not going to lose schools to the MWC...more like the other way around.  Hope that tidbit puts some nerves at ease on this board.

The Big 12 knows that beating the B1G & SEC when it comes to football is out of the question so the focus is going to be on basketball.  I'm going to miss the basketball from this conference and a lot of Buff fans are concerned with the move to a stronger basketball conference but it'll still be fun hearing K-State players say they are better than CU after CU beat them three times in the same season...GOOD TIMES!

I still think the PAC can bounce back and there will be no shame in following what the Big 12 is doing.  SDSU should be that first school to send the message through...perhaps in 2025.

On 7/29/2023 at 3:44 PM, Buff_Fan said:

I am rooting for the Utes and the pac.  The way this has gone down (realignment) sucks, it is wrecking cfb imo.  That said, we are in a spot where survival is at stake.

A lot of people will be pulling for WSU & OSU in this case and I will be one of them so I might pop up every once in awhile.  I hope the Ute fans do not hold their breaths in anticipation for that return because they could be blue that they would be mistaken for BYU fans.

I have heard the talk of how much realignment sucks over and over again.  Same old remastered song and the truth is it's up to you to continue watching college sports or just go pro sports full time.  I have let go of the concept that is called conference loyalty and I am going to be loyal only to the team that I follow which happens to be CU.

I have asked many Buff fans on AllBuffs that if CU was in something like the MWC today, would Ralphie be running sideways or backwards?  What is not going to change is the Buff fans standing on their feet and hollering for Ralphie to make her run to around midfield then to the trailer in the visiting team ramp area.  We will still hate Nebraska in football and Kansas in basketball.  After we beat them, we will remind their fans where they are going home to after that L.

Time to go shop for a trucker hat with a CU logo on it. ;)

On 7/31/2023 at 12:30 AM, Trojan209 said:

Don’t mind me. Just lurking. All the chatter online is that there could be more movement this week. But who knows.
Look Spying GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

You mean the UO & UW and Florida State & Clemson to B1G rumor?

Arizona could be a Big 12 member as soon as tomorrow.  

The national media isn't reporting enough about how bad last Thursday's P12 meeting was after CU left for the Big 12.  It sounds like UA, ASU, and Utah reached out to the Big 12 after that meeting.

ESPN is said to have pulled its offer for the P12 so it's basically just the Apple TV subscription that is on the table.

To sponsor football at the FBS level, you must have at least eight schools and below that will require a NCAA waiver for maybe one year which allows the P12 to absorb the MWC thanks to the P12 being legislated as an A5 conference.

P12 meeting is happening tomorrow followed by that AZ BOR meeting.

I suspect CU is behind that information to MHver who did a Twitter thread and probably on the Big 12's orders.

My takeaways:

1.  If I was a MWC president or chancellor, I will reject that P12 deal on the spot because it seems like the MWC school (or AAC for SMU) will be getting less than the $17M exit fee if you gave at least a year's notice ($34M if under one year).

2. UO, UW, and Utah would get more of the money.  That means ASU is more amenable to leaving the P12 along with UA.  If that happens, the remaining 7 schools would become football independents if the NCAA rejects a waiver for 2023 assuming that MWC & AAC schools are coming.

3. I have zero regrets that CU is leaving the PAC after going through all of that information.  CU left the Big 12 due to unequal revenue sharing and that is also why CU is going back home to the Big 12.

On 7/29/2023 at 3:16 PM, PAC MAN said:

Don’t ever speak for Ute fans. Seriously, you said you were leaving this board. You should stick to your word and get the fuck out of here. 

You’ve been nothing but a douche bag on this board since day 1. 

On 8/1/2023 at 9:06 AM, utenation said:

Don’t ever speak for Ute fans. Seriously, you said you were leaving this board. You should stick to your word and get the fuck out of here. 

You’ve been nothing but a douche bag on this board since day 1.