The Way Too Early PAC12 2023 Football Projection

HLB

On 8/11/2023 at 6:11 PM, utenation said:

I just gave my opinion of why I think OSU would be a better choice. I didn’t ask for any approval from CU fans. 

I also think the CU move by the B12 was just to lure the rest of the 4 corners because of added instability. I highly doubt they really think a bottom feeder in football and a non factor in hoops that doesn’t add any media value in a big pro sport’s market would be a conference cash cow. 

Yup, adding cu was only done in a prayer the Utes would come over, Nothing more.  Your takes on all things cu are bizarrely slanted.  

On 8/10/2023 at 11:38 AM, Orange said:

FYI, Oregon is 80% white, dumbshit: https://worldpopulationreview.com/states/oregon-population

My overall point is that Oregon has very, very, very few Black American residents, and disqualifies you for having a full understanding of a diverse culture, where Black American are a large part of the population.

Only 2% of the Oregon population is African American.

Sounds like a state where White Supremacy resides.  Again, I challenge you to live in a city, like Atlanta, where the African American population is the highest among all races.  At the end of the day, your implications that all white people in the deep south are racist, is false, and reverse-racism is more prevalent.

When you talk about racism, you don't know what you're talking about and only go off of what liberal-leaning media outlets are feeding you through television and in print.

OREGON.PNG.351449193f0c2db6aeffb2b8e79a740e.PNG

On 8/11/2023 at 7:36 PM, Buff_Fan said:

Yup, adding cu was only done in a prayer the Utes would come over, Nothing more.  Your takes on all things cu are bizarrely slanted.  

Colorado and Utah needed the Big12 more than the Big12 needed them.

On 8/11/2023 at 6:36 PM, Buff_Fan said:

I find it hilarious that you call me irrational for thinking OSU has a better athletic department than CU. If you weren’t a CU homer, you’d see the same thing.  

BTW, if CU were such a hot ticket for the B12, why did it take until the 11th hour to get them? And what happened right after?

Utah adds money to conference piggy banks. Full stadiums for TV, top 15 rankings. Big bowl game money for conferences. Not to mention, will add the best rivalry in the conference with BYU. Think that game will add any money? 

AZ is a hoops superstar with decent football. ASU has also had more recent success in both football and hoops. 

On 8/11/2023 at 6:50 PM, utenation said:

I find it hilarious that you call me irrational for thinking OSU has a better athletic department than CU. If you weren’t a CU homer, you’d see the same thing.  

BTW, if CU were such a hot ticket for the B12, why did it take until the 11th hour to get them? And what happened right after?

Utah adds money to conference piggy banks. Full stadiums for TV, top 15 rankings. Big bowl game money for conferences. Not to mention, will add the best rivalry in the conference with BYU. Think that game will add any money? 

AZ is a hoops superstar with decent football. ASU has also had more recent success in both football and hoops. 

I’ve never said osu football wasn’t better, I’ve just said there is more in play than that.  If recent football success was all that mattered Utah would be in the big 10 right now.  I disagree with your sentiment that there is no hope, but time will tell there.  

On 8/11/2023 at 6:59 PM, Buff_Fan said:

I’ve never said osu football wasn’t better, I’ve just said there is more in play than that.  If recent football success was all that mattered Utah would be in the big 10 right now.  I disagree with your sentiment that there is no hope, but time will tell there.  

Lol. You said I was irrational for wanting OSU over CU. Fact.  Like I said, CU fans thinking your school is something they’re not is what’s irrational. 

On 8/11/2023 at 7:06 PM, utenation said:

Lol. You said I was irrational for wanting OSU over CU. Fact.  Like I said, CU fans thinking your school is something they’re not is what’s irrational. 

Your hate of all things cu is irrational.  I don’t care if you want osu, we all have our opinions.  And I’m not sure I’ve been that way regarding cu.  It’s a program that’s been a mess (being kind) but is getting a breathe of fresh air.  One can always look forward with a little hope.

On 8/11/2023 at 7:48 PM, Buff_Fan said:

Your hate of all things cu is irrational.  I don’t care if you want osu, we all have our opinions.  And I’m not sure I’ve been that way regarding cu.  It’s a program that’s been a mess (being kind) but is getting a breathe of fresh air.  One can always look forward with a little hope.

I don’t hate them as mentioned already.  They’re just no good for anything but a handout.  

They’ve earned zero respect.  I did get a chuckle out of a CU fan here claiming they’ve been screwed over financially being in the P12. 

On 8/11/2023 at 11:53 AM, utenation said:

Why would Oregon State join the AAC before the MWC?  Either conference isn't going to pay them what they need to keep their big budget. And the AAC is much further for travel costs and wear and tear. The AAC has no power, no good teams left. Tulane and UTSA are decent I guess. 

ESPN.  The AAC can ask ESPN for more money if they are to invite the PAC-4 and there are some schools that Stanford would be comfortable with in Rice, Tulane, SMU, and possibly USF given they just joined the AAU club recently.  Will OSU & WSU follow Stanford & Cal to the AAC in that case?

The AAC media contract is through 2034 and that kind of stability is something that the PAC-4 could be looking for.

Don't get me wrong, I think the MWC is a better geographical fit but if the money is there, geography doesn't matter.

If CU was in OSU & WSU's shoes, I think CU's preference would be the AAC even if conventional wisdom says the MWC.

On 8/12/2023 at 6:18 PM, PAC MAN said:

ESPN.  The AAC can ask ESPN for more money if they are to invite the PAC-4 and there are some schools that Stanford would be comfortable with in Rice, Tulane, SMU, and possibly USF given they just joined the AAU club recently.  Will OSU & WSU follow Stanford & Cal to the AAC in that case?

The AAC media contract is through 2034 and that kind of stability is something that the PAC-4 could be looking for.

Don't get me wrong, I think the MWC is a better geographical fit but if the money is there, geography doesn't matter.

If CU was in OSU & WSU's shoes, I think CU's preference would be the AAC even if conventional wisdom says the MWC.

I already answered this on another thread.  The MWC can also renegotiate their contract if they add schools.  Less travel than the AAC. 

No school is going to go to the East Coast every other week for a million extra a year.  

You might want to do some simple math before you post nonsense. 

On 8/11/2023 at 5:32 PM, HLB said:

The Brooking's Institution is a research company, not a media outlet.  Liberal-leaning media outlets are MSNBC, CNN, NBC, and CBS, along with a multitude of sources of print.

And the Black vote will always be dominate for Democrats - for reasons many cannot understand.  The Democrats wanted slavery and segregation, and the Republicans abolished slavery and denounced segregation.

The Democrats have sold the majority of Black America on the ideology that Conservatives are against them.

You might want to update your political party knowledge past 1964, idiot.   FYI, more Democrats voted for the CR Act and VR Act than Republicans.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2023 at 2:37 PM, Orange said:

Your problem is you start every conversation with "The Pac-12 and the west coast sucks, and the SEC is awesome, and now it's time for me to pick and choose the facts, lies, and curious anecdotes that will buttress this claim."

Show me where I have made the statement that you are quoting.

On 7/31/2023 at 11:24 AM, Orange said:

like how he says "Oregon State will have a drop-off in QB play" when (a) we're returning our starter from last year, and (b) we have a 4-star and 5-star recruit competing in training camp with said returning starter.

Your returning starter isn't starting (as I hinted at, earlier in this thread, on January 13).  DJ was horrible at Clemson.  And while he (and other QB's) performed well against San Jose State, the story will be much different against Utah, UCLA, Colorado, Washington and Oregon.  I'm not sure that he can lead them to victory against San Diego State.

They will lose three games this year (as I said earlier).

On 1/11/2023 at 7:27 PM, HLB said:

USC (13-0), Undefeated Conference Champions & CFP Final Four Participant

Oregon (10-2)

Utah (9-3)

Washington, (9-3)

Oregon State, (7-5)

UCLA (7-5)

Arizona (6-6)

Washington State, (6-6)

Arizona State, (3-9)

Colorado, (3-9)

Stanford, (3-9)

Cal, (2-10)

After week 1, I no longer think USC goes undefeated.  I also question if they can win the PAC12 CCG.  I think Utah is the team to beat for the CCG.

Also, Colorado does better than 3-9.  I now think they go 9-3.

On 9/4/2023 at 10:20 AM, glduck said:

did you just learn TCU was FBS and ran here to share?

No, but apparently you seem to think that beating Portland State, 81-7, is as impressive as Colorado beating TCU, on the road, so I thought I needed to share with you that Portland State is an FCS team, and not a ranked P5 opponent, like TCU.