2023 P12 Football Thread

utenation

On 10/9/2023 at 10:20 AM, utenation said:

“If one fight, we all fight”

I think we all agree fights happen (outside of the Utes I guess).  The message was you can’t walk away from a teammate.  You hate it, we get it.  And use your hate to excuse any questionable behavior from people playing cu.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 10:26 AM, Buff_Fan said:

I think we all agree fights happen (outside of the Utes I guess).  The message was you can’t walk away from a teammate.  You hate it, we get it.  And use your hate to excuse any questionable behavior from people playing cu.

IMG_2653.jpeg

Essentially, everywhere is truck country anymore. I was commenting on the size of American trucks these days, rather than on the practicality of having AWD in Utah. 

I wonder, if a scholarship player gets dismissed from the team, does some walk-on get his truck along with his scholarship?

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 11:06 AM, Buff_Fan said:

Lol, I knew you loved sanders!

You keep mentioning that  “everyone’s doing this type of stuff”. 

I can’t think of any team in the country that’s doing “watch flexes”, let alone after barely beating a 1-5 team. 

On 10/9/2023 at 11:14 AM, utenation said:

You keep mentioning that  “everyone’s doing this type of stuff”. 

I can’t think of any team in the country that’s doing “watch flexes”, let alone after barely beating a 1-5 team. 

I don’t flex, not my thing.  That said, I don’t really care.  And full circle or doesn’t excuse the cheap shot.  

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 11:00 AM, Quack 12 said:

Essentially, everywhere is truck country anymore. I was commenting on the size of American trucks these days, rather than on the practicality of having AWD in Utah. 

I wonder, if a scholarship player gets dismissed from the team, does some walk-on get his truck along with his scholarship?

I think as long as that walk on gets a scholarship, they would get a new ride. 

On 10/9/2023 at 12:25 PM, MrBug708 said:

I'd say Arizona is the best shot at winning unless UCLA ruined Cam Ward

I agree, it’s at home and I’m not sure what to make of the cats.  At the moment they’ve got a punchers chance against all of them.  Personally I’m hoping the ucla game is a good one since I will be there.

On 10/9/2023 at 10:26 AM, Buff_Fan said:

And use your hate to excuse any questionable behavior from people playing cu.

First off, any dirty hit or play is unacceptable. I hope ASU coaches jumped all over their player for doing that. 

Clearly, other teams and coaches are tried of CU and their coaches trying to show up and disrespect everything about the other team and the game itself.  I think CU brings on the drama so to speak. 

I just find it a bit ironic that CU fans like Jalapeño call out other teams, yet completely ignore all the trashy shit coming from their own team. Just because it’s all about “Coach Prime”

On 10/9/2023 at 3:12 PM, utenation said:

First off, any dirty hit or play is unacceptable. I hope ASU coaches jumped all over their player for doing that. 

Clearly, other teams and coaches are tried of CU and their coaches trying to show up and disrespect everything about the other team and the game itself.  I think CU brings on the drama so to speak. 

I just find it a bit ironic that CU fans like Jalapeño call out other teams, yet completely ignore all the trashy shit coming from their own team. Just because it’s all about “Coach Prime”

I'm not sure what all the anti-Colorado rhetoric is all about, dominating threads with repeated comments.  I'd rather talk about football.  Let's just celebrate another Pac-12 teams that is having a good season.

As for Colorado players and their head coach, a lot of what is said has a somewhat racist tone to it.  That's probably not what we're seeing here, but nationally, it sure is in the mix.  It's hard to deny.

Everything is more complicated than what adherents and opponents claim.  For example, the talk about Colorado players.  I ran into this on Jaylen Ellis, a transfer from Baylor.  It's not exactly a watch-flex:

https://x.com/skobuffsnation/status/1711433633121047004?s=46&t=Sog5NU3yntdjFaMceUSzcA

On 10/9/2023 at 1:27 PM, EastCoastFan said:

I'm not sure what all the anti-Colorado rhetoric is all about, dominating threads with repeated comments.  I'd rather talk about football.  Let's just celebrate another Pac-12 teams that is having a good season.

As for Colorado players and their head coach, a lot of what is said has a somewhat racist tone to it.  That's probably not what we're seeing here, but nationally, it sure is in the mix.  It's hard to deny.

Everything is more complicated than what adherents and opponents claim.  For example, the talk about Colorado players.  I ran into this on Jaylen Ellis, a transfer from Baylor.  It's not exactly a watch-flex:

https://x.com/skobuffsnation/status/1711433633121047004?s=46&t=Sog5NU3yntdjFaMceUSzcA

I get that you’ve done nothing but bootlick Sanders’ Gold Nikes but people will and are free to talk about what they want on this board.