P12 Hoops 23/24

utenation

I deserve all the shit, I fell for Kentucky this year. Had them upsetting Houston and reaching the Final Four. I like Reed Shephard’s game and even wondered if the Blazers should draft him because Portland collects undersized guards like Pokémon.

They shouldn’t let me fill out a bracket.

A few weeks ago, I said WSU was overrated and won’t do anything in the Dance. I’ll eat some crow on that. Drake is gritty. Jones was an absolute monster for WSU. 

Going into the Dance, the conference didn’t look very good on paper. I even said a bad conference. AZ being the exception. 

Nice to see all 4 teams advance and earn some respect. And nobody bitched about crappy seeds. I’ve listened to other conference fans bitch about seeding since last Sunday. Don’t bitch go earn it. 

Does anyone in their right mind that has watched hoops the last two weeks think Oregon is an 11 seed? lol. 

I said this a month ago.  Still true.  This wasn’t one fucking little bit of fun.  I’m old.  I’ll enjoy it more watching again tonight or tomorrow.  Go Cougs.  Oh yeah, 21-0 when leading at the half.

Smith has a hell of a dilemma, two of his mainstays aren’t playing well.  Rice, shot has been off for a month, and Janikovski, shoulder injury.  Smith has had to coax the best out of both of them while playing the backups more.  It’s a tough balancing act.  Seems to be doing it well.

On 3/21/2024 at 10:44 PM, KUGRDON said:

This is a pretty good summation of why this was so miserable.

Don, you realize WSU won right?  Don’t be a party pooper. Survive and advance.  Something WSU hasn’t done since 2008. 

That was the year you turned 75 right? 😂

On 3/19/2024 at 11:02 PM, Chile_Ute said:

If Smith doesn’t do something impressive next year I’d really be interested in Medved in a new search.  Pitino the younger maybe but I’m still not sold on him yet.

On 3/19/2024 at 11:14 PM, utenation said:

I want to see how both Medved and Pitino do in this tourney. UNM is pretty hot. 

Yeah. I’m taking a pass on both these coaches. Especially Pitino.  Both CSU and UNM got whipped from the first whistle.  CSU looked gassed after a quick turnaround and flight from the play in. 

New Mexico just embarrassed themselves today.  

As of today, neither coach looks better than Craig Smith. 

On 3/22/2024 at 3:43 PM, utenation said:

Yeah. I’m taking a pass on both these coaches. Especially Pitino.  Both CSU and UNM got whipped from the first whistle.  CSU looked gassed after a quick turnaround and flight from the play in. 

New Mexico just embarrassed themselves today.  

As of today, neither coach looks better than Craig Smith. 

Medved>Pitino at this point.  UNM played lights out in the MWC tournament.  Credits for MWC….next year will answer some questions if they’re back in the dance.

still high on Meved….if he returns to the dance (and Smith falters) can’t say my eye isn’t wandering

I know you’re curious.  Last night we had thick chili with the game.

i don’t give us much of a chance against the Iowa State defense.  We got it inside to Jones really good last night but won’t tomorrow and he’s our answer to injury and slump.

IMG_2141.jpeg