NBA 2017-18 Thread

PapaG

If it wasn't for LaVar, I wouldn't have had any interest in the Summer League.  And Lonzo wore Air Jordans and he had issues with his leg in the 3Q.  Surely the changing of shoes is having an effect on him?

I'm really looking forward to NBA season after taking last season off and the same for CU basketball.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, glduck said:

this is what we all play for, gentlemen: blazers vs lakers, monday night, summer league championship.

may god have mercy on our souls.

How bad is Summer League when a Blazer team with one player (Swanigan) who might get rotation minutes during the regular season is in the championship game?  Plus Ball isn't even playing tonight.

The only teams I'm afraid of are the Spurs and whoever Lebron is playing for.  We are witnessing historic greatness and of all the teams I've rooted for in my life, I would have never in my wildest dreams thought that I would be saying such a thing about the Golden State Warriors.  

Cavs locked up Kyrie with a max deal a couple of weeks before LeBron decided to come home and has played second fiddle ever since.  From all the reading I did on this topic, it seems like Kyrie is satisfied with having won a championship and wants to lead not defer to LeBron.  Maybe the Cavs aren't trading for Melo anymore and Kyrie might want to go to the Knicks.

Second worst guard in the league in defensive metrics per possession and even though it's likely a small sample size, the Cavs with Kyrie without LeBron would have been the worst team in the league in terms of advanced stats

I'm not sure if the market is going to be there for him to be honest, at least for the teams he wants to go to. I can't see him being a Pop player, surely Minnesota doesn't need another all offense/no defense guard and the Knicks don't have anything good to send back.

11 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Cavs locked up Kyrie with a max deal a couple of weeks before LeBron decided to come home and has played second fiddle ever since.  From all the reading I did on this topic, it seems like Kyrie is satisfied with having won a championship and wants to lead not defer to LeBron.  Maybe the Cavs aren't trading for Melo anymore and Kyrie might want to go to the Knicks.

I read it quite different. Kyrie knows that if LeBron leaves he is stuck in a situation with little hope of rebuilding the team. Since LeBron is making noise about leaving, Kyrie should get out of town first for the sake of his career.

lebron's contract essentially lets him  leave when he feels like it so he's holding the Cavs and Kyrie hostage to his own desires. Kyrie doesn't want to live like that.

Archived