NBA 2017-18 Thread

PapaG

schroder's legit. if we could re-do that historically awful 2013 draft, he'd go top five along with antetokounmpo (he went 15th!! in that draft!!), cj mccollum, ******n adams, and rudy gobert. 

tyler dorsey just inked a 2-year fully guaranteed deal. i don't think there's any way crawford isn't going to demand a release (even going as far as restructuring to do so), two months ago i didn't think dorsey would get drafted now he may be in-line for playing time. on a wretched team, yes.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19974682/nba-board-governors-approves-rule-drop-outs-18-14-per-game

Four less timeouts per game in the NBA for this upcoming season and a limit of two timeouts in the last two minutes of a game.

Timeouts are 75 seconds instead of the full 90 seconds and 20 second timeout.

Two timeouts in OT.

And did anyone know that the season is starting earlier than usual?

sounds like melo to the rockets is super close, and the blazers are the hang up. 

first, i think the paul/harden/melo "super" team is kind of silly. it's so hard to picture them playing together. now that harden will be playing w/ a real point guard i picture him reverting to the old harden, which means the rockets now have the nba's two biggest black holes in their starting five. i dunno, man.

second, new york covets moe harkless and seems to be putting pressure on houston to make it work (since they covet melo). houston is offering ryan anderson (3 yrs/60 mil) who matches exactly what portland would be sending out (harkless/leonard, 3 yrs/60 mil) but portland wants to shed salary in this deal and is holding the whole thing up. the 3 teams are looking for a fourth to get involved to make take one of portland's bad contracts. the only way i'd take ryan anderson back in a deal is if we could give up leonard or harkless and one of crabbe or turner. and i actually like harkless, it's too bad our dumb GM managed the cap so poorly last summer that we have to give up a nice young player to get out of luxury tax hell that he created. 

1 hour ago, glduck said:

yes, and that's the most important one. fewer back-to-back's and fewer 4-in-5-days will be good. 

Agreed it will be good and maybe less games that aging stars such as LeBron misses.  Still amazing LeBron has managed to make six consecutive NBA Finals...he's a freak for sure.

What's your take on Lonzo Ball and the Lakers?  Hard not to root against Ball and if I had to choose one California based team in any sport to root for, it'd be the Lakers in a heartbeat.

I detest the Fakers.  (Sorry to go all Servo on you guys)  Ever since the 2000 finals, I've stifled vomit when anyone's mentioned the Lakers, or whenever I've been confronted with gold and purple.  That being said.....the NBA is better when they're good.  I kind of hope Lonzo becomes the next great franchise Laker.... and I hope the Blazers beat them in a WCF during Ball's career.

In the meantime, I have no problem rooting for GSW.  My brother lives in SF, and that's how I avoid the richly deserved label of "frontrunner."    

28 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

LOL...that makes sense for non UW fans from the Pacific NW to detest the Lakers.

Org, you looking forward to that new Warriors arena being built in SF?  Easier commute to the game from your bro's home?

I know almost nothing of it, and I don't care.  The one time I dipped my toe in the market to try and find a reg-season warriors ticket, I realized I had no business being in the market for a Warriors ticket.

As for a commute, in SF everything's equally easy (and equally impossible) thanks to BART.

15 hours ago, MrBug708 said:

He wore Adidas tonight. Lavar has said multiple times that if you sign with BBB, you can still wear whatvever shoes you want

This is honestly a brilliant marketing ploy.  I am sure the vast majority of the league wishes they could wear several different pairs of shoes that they aren't allowed to wear.  

I don't like Lavar Ball at all and I fear that other parents might try to emulate his behavior/tactics but there is no denying his intelligence.  A lot of the things he does are very smart -- a classic disruptor. 

Archived