2019 Transfers

Scscsc89

Max Borghi should enter the transfer portal.  He’s just not getting enough touches.  I would hate to see him leave, but would take joy in seeing him do much better.  With enough touches, dare I say it, he’s could be Christian McCaffrey II.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he’s in the perfect system, no? His future isn’t as a 20-carry-per-game back, it’s his all-purpose game. He doesn’t have the speed or shiftiness of McCaffrey but he’s a damn hard kid to tackle one-on-one in space. I think that’s his value and there aren’t a lot of better spots to showcase that than where he already is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2019 at 9:28 PM, MrBug708 said:

Stanford had some guys enter the portal because they didn't get into a master's program.

False. There's some really bad blood brewing between the coaching staff and the locker room. Not quite mutiny status but it ain't good.

Stay tuned... many more to come from what I'm hearing.

20 minutes ago, Card Tricks said:

False. There's some really bad blood brewing between the coaching staff and the locker room. Not quite mutiny status but it ain't good.

Stay tuned... many more to come from what I'm hearing.

None of the 4th year defensive players are on track to graduate?

On 12/12/2019 at 2:52 PM, Scscsc89 said:

I was told Shaw is the best coach ever and didn’t at all get the Helfrich Benefit for a few years after Chip left Oregon with an elite QB for his successor. Shaw didn’t get that post-Harbaugh at Stamford and ride some great players to wins.

I’ve never understood why Shaw gets treated as some football genius.  It’s a bad program now and will only get worse.  It’s too bad Stanford can’t fire him, but that’s today’s world and is what it is.  Hope he doesn’t turn it around.  A bad Stanford is one less North competitor for the Ducks.

Oregon was smart enough to move on from Helfrich, who was a disaster for the program.  Furd seems like they will keep their bad coach at least another year?

3 hours ago, PapaG said:

I was told Shaw is the best coach ever and didn’t at all get the Helfrich Benefit for a few years after Chip left Oregon with an elite QB for his successor. Shaw didn’t get that post-Harbaugh at Stamford and ride some great players to wins.

I’ve never understood why Shaw gets treated as some football genius.  It’s a bad program now and will only get worse.  It’s too bad Stanford can’t fire him, but that’s today’s world and is what it is.  Hope he doesn’t turn it around.  A bad Stanford is one less North competitor for the Ducks.

Oregon was smart enough to move on from Helfrich, who was a disaster for the program.  Furd seems like they will keep their bad coach at least another year?

I don't even know half of what you are saying as you go from sarcasm to serious to sarcasm in pretty much the same thought.

Try again?

On 12/13/2019 at 2:49 PM, PapaG said:

Four coach-of-the-year awards, 5 North Division titles, 3 conference titles.  He's won 2 Rose Bowls, including one that came 5 seasons after Harbaugh left.  As usual, you're confused, and bafflingly arrogant, all at the same time.

Imagine if you were as smart as you thought?  Wow.

Archived