2019 Transfers

Scscsc89

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm loving this transfer portal.  One former 5* safety from Oklahoma (signed), one former 4* QB from Tennessee (signed), and we just got one former 4* LB from Norte Dame.  Jack Lamb would have to be huge since who knows when LB Landman will be back next season?

On 1/22/2021 at 4:51 PM, EastCoastFan said:

When USC is poaching from Colorado, you know our conference is in trouble.

Former 4* athlete who had some big games for CU but he had some injuries that kept him on the sidelines.  He was also recruited over at WR at CU.  I don't see him starting for the Trojans but he could make do at inside WR in that Air Raid offense.

My favorite memory of him was that 96 yard flea flicker from Montez to him against Nebraska in front of the Nebraska fans at Folsom Field two years ago.  Maybe he will have some big plays when USC needs it the most.

Not unexpected... there’s real talk that Ty Thompson might win the job as a true frosh in the fall, or worst case Anthony Brown might be a one-year stopgap. Still, Shough started every game for us in 2020 so this one hits a little different than most transfers. Best of luck to him.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2/4/2021 at 4:46 PM, Jalapeno said:

I'm loving this transfer portal.  One former 5* safety from Oklahoma (signed), one former 4* QB from Tennessee (signed), and we just got one former 4* LB from Norte Dame.  Jack Lamb would have to be huge since who knows when LB Landman will be back next season?

While I believe these additions will provide upgrades to positions in need, the truth is that these players you mentioned were not getting any significant or meaningful playing time at the universities they left - because they weren't good enough to play at those schools.

On 11/29/2021 at 7:20 PM, HLB said:

While I believe these additions will provide upgrades to positions in need, the truth is that these players you mentioned were not getting any significant or meaningful playing time at the universities they left - because they weren't good enough to play at those schools.

Isn't that typically the case with portal pickups?  Hello, rocket scientist.

Archived