Liberal America

PapaG

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kid was wearing a MAGA hat and this is the result in Liberal America.  Hatred grows hatred, and @Orange and a few other members of his Pac12 Squad that he leads illustrate it here daily.  You see Beavs78 ganging up on someone and his followers jump in the pile on.  Cowards, all.

16 hours ago, Nakedmolerat said:

Well if the rising temperatures don't raise sea levels, PapaG's tears will. 

Dumb post.  I always listen to my 16 year-old daughter for her opinions to shape my business's future.  How Dare You!!! question this tool of the Left.

6 hours ago, Orange said:

You need to post more.

You're better at recruiting to your Pac12 Squad than the Beavers are at recruiting good football players, I'll give you that much credit.

@Nakedmolerat, he really does need your help though.  I'm so far in the guy's head he literally mentions me twice in every post he makes.  Once on the left in his profile, the other in his signature.  Awesome representative for OSU.

8 minutes ago, PapaG said:

Kid was wearing a MAGA hat and this is the result in Liberal America.  Hatred grows hatred, and @Orange and a few other members of his Pac12 Squad that he leads illustrate it here daily.  You see Beavs78 ganging up on someone and his followers jump in the pile on.  Cowards, all.

Moved ahead for effect.  Liberal America!!!

Q. Who would have ever thought that artificial wage inflation mandated by the government would lead to job losses?  

A. Any sane person who has worked in the private sector and has employed people.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/seattles-wage-mandate-kills-restaurants-11576195087?mod=e2fb

Seattle’s Wage Mandate Kills Restaurants

The legal minimum is going to $16.39 an hour, while my pay drops to zero.

This city’s minimum wage is rising to $16.39 an hour on Jan. 1. Instead of receiving a bigger paycheck, I’m left without any pay at all due to the policy change. That’s because the restaurant where I’ve worked for six years is closing as a consequence of the city’s harmful minimum-wage experiment.

I have seen instances of where some restaurants don't have enough employees and service isn't as good as it could be but bless those people that work hard.  But it's going to be downhill for the restaurant and leads to the eventual closure after more of those workers have to be put out of a job because management will say they can't afford to pay them.

My biggest concern with those minimum wages is that they are going to make things even more expensive for everyone.  I have been shopping at union-free Target because my wife works there hence the 10% discount plus another 10% on healthy food and it has stunned me how much more food costs at King Soopers (Kroger owned).  That union-free Target is going to soon pay my wife at least $15 a hour and it was not mandated by local jurisdictions but the company itself.

I hope people wisely save their $$$ up because the next time the economy goes down, it's going to be brutal for some people with those higher food prices even if sales tax on those things are waived like last time.  That is why I am usually hesitant to support minimum wage increases.

Just now, PapaG said:

What are you implying, White Man?

I'm saying several kids don't beat the shit out of one kid because of his hat.  I'm pretty sure his racist parents instilled some ideas in him that he shared, against better judgment.

14 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

I have seen instances of where some restaurants don't have enough employees and service isn't as good as it could be but bless those people that work hard.  But it's going to be downhill for the restaurant and leads to the eventual closure after more of those workers have to be put out of a job because management will say they can't afford to pay them.

My biggest concern with those minimum wages is that they are going to make things even more expensive for everyone.  I have been shopping at union-free Target because my wife works there hence the 10% discount plus another 10% on healthy food and it has stunned me how much more food costs at King Soopers (Kroger owned).  That union-free Target is going to soon pay my wife at least $15 a hour and it was not mandated by local jurisdictions but the company itself.

I hope people wisely save their $$$ up because the next time the economy goes down, it's going to be brutal for some people with those higher food prices even if sales tax on those things are waived like last time.  That is why I am usually hesitant to support minimum wage increases.

Couple of things here.  First, the restaurant industry in and of itself is really volatile.  So a restaurant closing, while unfortunate, is hardly news.  From a lending standpoint they are incredibly risky.  

And from where I sit, the wage gaps just keeps increasing.  Someone is going to take home that salary in many cases, and over the last two decades it has been executives only.  Is the problem really the people make minimum wage?

finally, this is the most amazing economy in the history of our country (not my words).  Shouldn’t relatively healthy companies be able to easily absorb this?

1 minute ago, Orange said:

I'm saying several kids don't beat the shit out of one kid because of his hat.  I'm pretty sure his racist parents instilled some ideas in him that he shared, against better judgment.

So, what if he did say something racist, dumb as your hypothetical theory is.  Does that deserve a trip to the hospital?  You condone violence.  I know this because you have so much hatred inside of you.

1 minute ago, PapaG said:

So, what if he did say something racist, dumb as your hypothetical theory is.  Does that deserve a trip to the hospital?  You condone violence.  I know this because you have so much hatred inside of you.

No, but play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Isn't that what you shitheels say whenever the cops shoot an unarmed black man?

9 minutes ago, CRBuff said:

Couple of things here.  First, the restaurant industry in and of itself is really volatile.  So a restaurant closing, while unfortunate, is hardly news.  From a lending standpoint they are incredibly risky.  

And from where I sit, the wage gaps just keeps increasing.  Someone is going to take home that salary in many cases, and over the last two decades it has been executives only.  Is the problem really the people make minimum wage?

finally, this is the most amazing economy in the history of our country (not my words).  Shouldn’t relatively healthy companies be able to easily absorb this?

Oh, so this business that has been around for years decided to finally shut down

Total BS.  Mean income has gone up since Trump took office, and who cares if rich people get richer, Mr. Moderate?  You’re a leftist.   You are correct on one thing.  Restaurants are a tight margin business, so the government imposing artificial costs on the owners is going to affect business decisions.

8 minutes ago, Orange said:

No, but play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Isn't that what you shitheels say whenever the cops shoot an unarmed black man?

I’ve never said that in my life, Liar.  

Seek help.  Seriously, you have severe mental issues and I think you know it.

On 12/11/2019 at 1:49 PM, Scscsc89 said:

It shouldn’t be — but perhaps consider that the next time you take a swipe at the Green New Deal.

As with healthcare, at least Democrats have a plan.

The Green New Deal that the Senate overwhelmingly voted down in a bipartisan vote?  Do you get your biased info only from Fake News Kook Aid outlets?

It really does suck that you can vote, but this is America so everyone has a right to be an idiot.  Also what is the Democrats plan for healthcare.  I thought everything was fixed when you guys rammed through ObamaCare.

You really are not good at this.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/congress/senate-democrats-dodge-vote-green-new-deal-resolution

Senate Democrats backed away from a Green New Deal resolution offered by Republicans, even though it copied the version introduced and cheered by many Democratic lawmakers, including those running for president.

With all Republicans voting in the negative on the procedural vote, the resolution introduced by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell was thwarted, 0-57, preventing further action on the measure.

4 minutes ago, PapaG said:

Oh, so this business that has been around for years decided to finally shut down

Total BS.  Mean income has gone up since Trump took office, and who cares if rich people get richer, Mr. Moderate?  You’re a leftist.   You are correct on one thing.  Restaurants are a tight margin business, so the government imposing artificial costs on the owners is going to affect business decisions.

Wrong,  not a leftist at all.  There are areas where I agree with conservatives.  That said, today’s Republican Party has abandoned many of those principals.

and every single policy decision has a downside.  It impacts someone negatively.  It’s unfortunate that this place went under, however it may speak to the overall financial health.  Is the solution no policy changes unless everyone benefits all of the time?

finally, are you really saying the wage gap is not a thing?  Or that it should continue to widen at the exponential rate that it is?

Archived