Welcome to the High School Bowl Season.

Damage U

Looks like they're going to try to put State champs from across the country into a championship tournament called the State Champions Bowl Series. My alma mater has accepted an invite to the inaugural series. Anyone else know much about this or have their team in it?

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865616186/High-school-football-Bingham-accepts-invite-to-inaugural-State-Champions-Bowl-Series.html

Colorado's 5A division has its state championship game this weekend at Sports Authority Field.  Cherry Creek takes on Valor Christian and those two schools easily has the $ to send their team to that tourney in Florida.  The question is will they go?

Colorado's 5A division has its state championship game this weekend at Sports Authority Field.  Cherry Creek takes on Valor Christian and those two schools easily has the $ to send their team to that tourney in Florida.  The question is will they go?

The real question is, why would this tournament want a Colorado team?  No Colorado team is ranked in the national top 25 so it looks like they're gonna have to watch the game on TV. 

everything below 6A is hot garbage in oregon, and 6A just wrapped the quarterfinals.

central catholic, last year's state champion and this year's #1 overall seed was one of the rare oregon schools to crack the usa today top 25. not sure if they're ranked this season.

The real question is, why would this tournament want a Colorado team?  No Colorado team is ranked in the national top 25 so it looks like they're gonna have to watch the game on TV. 

Yeah, great question.. Another chance to pimp anything Colorado even if they aren't in the discussion maybe?

Here's the rankings according to MAXprep/CBS:

http://www.maxpreps.com/polls/football/xcellent25.htm

To be fair, Valor Christian churns out some talent.

Cali schools won't be done for a few weeks anyhow

Valor Christian is the Bishop Gorman of CO.  If there was a public school version of Bishop Gorman in CO, Cherry Creek would be that school.  It wouldn't shock me if this is the most watched 5A football championship in CO history.  Given that I have followed CO HS football for 25 years, there aren't very many other games that would get the state's attention.

Who knows what will happen?  Both schools are very well funded and could buy their way in if given the opportunity.

Valor Christian is the Bishop Gorman of CO.  If there was a public school version of Bishop Gorman in CO, Cherry Creek would be that school.  It wouldn't shock me if this is the most watched 5A football championship in CO history.  Given that I have followed CO HS football for 25 years, there aren't very many other games that would get the state's attention.

Who knows what will happen?  Both schools are very well funded and could buy their way in if given the opportunity.

What?  Any money these schools could pay is easily trumped by the money the tournament will receive from ESPN.  The goal for any new tournament is for it to be accepted and gain prestige, particularly a tournament whose stated goal is to pit the best against one another.  It wouldn't make much sense to choose a Colorado school given that none of the pundits that closely follow HS football think they are among the top 25 teams in the nation.  

I don't think Jalapeno is understanding why no teams from Colorado(even if Valor Christian is the Bishop Gorman of CO according to him) are in this conversation.

As much as he wants them to be, they're not.. Some good High school teams(including Bishop Gorman) aren't going to this because of politics..

Apparently they aren't interested in CO schools even after fallout...

I don't think Jalapeno is understanding why no teams from Colorado(even if Valor Christian is the Bishop Gorman of CO according to him) are in this conversation.

As much as he wants them to be, they're not.. Some good High school teams(including Bishop Gorman) aren't going to this because of politics..

Apparently they aren't interested in CO schools even after fallout...

Why wouldn't Gorman get an invite?  I feel like Gorman and De La Salle (assuming they don't lose) are the two schools you just have to have for this type of a tournament. 

I've always wanted to see a four games in four days tournament featuring the top 32 prep hoops teams in the country. that would be insane. I know there are a lot of tourneys featuring a couple, but 32 state champions and/or just the top 32 teams based on an rpi ranking? ridiculous.

Archived