2020 Season

Scscsc89

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, glduck said:

Indiana knocks off Penn State in overtime by a millimeter, their first top 10 win in over 3 decades.

twitter will certainly be enjoying themselves tonight with all the sex references they can come up with because of this.

Next week is finally GAME WEEK.  Hopefully no COVID-19 postponements from any P12 team.

OTA Games:

BC @ Clemson ABC 9 AM

MSU @ Michigan FOX 9 AM

ND @ GT ABC 12:30 PM

LSU @ Auburn CBS 12:30 PM

Texas @ OSU FOX 1 PM

Ohio State @ Penn State ABC 4:30 PM 

Oklahoma @ Texas Tech FOX 5:00 PM

10 hours ago, glduck said:

Surprised Sam Noyer was named the starting QB at CU. Thought I had heard he had been moved to defense. What’s the QB room like in Boulder?

And one who was in the transfer portal last December.  CU didn't have much left in the QB room and I think Coach Dorrell could have tried to land a GT QB but that didn't happen.

You got Lytle as the backup QB but I was no fan of him because he's pretty much a statue at QB who can't stay healthy and then you got that freshman Lewis who would have probably won the job if CU had spring football since he was in for the spring.  The rest are just walk on QBs.  Given we have just seven games this season, this would be enough QBs.

CU is going to have to run the football this season and they were #3 in the conference last year at 4.2 ypc behind UO & Utah's 4.8.  This is where Noyer makes sense due to his athleticism especially for those RPO and pass action plays.  I think Noyer also has the respect of his teammates for moving to safety to try to help the team out.  Montez probably didn't have the respect of his teammates so hopefully those little differences leads CU to a winning season this year.

Former OSU Beaver (under Riley) & Nebraska Cornhusker OC Langsdorf who is the CU QBs coach probably recruited Noyer to go to Nebraska (smart move for not going there) and you can bet that relationship probably played a factor in that decision.

I hope Lewis stays in Boulder since he was Mel Tucker's guy.  If not, CU is in a bad spot when it comes to QBs.

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Scscsc89 said:

If I was CU, i'd keep my eye on the pac-12 south.  playing CSU would be nice, but does the practice help you more than the risk?

I’m not sure I buy that it matters yet.  CU, while better, is still not as talented as most in the south.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Scscsc89 said:

Have they discussed logistics / back up plan for the Pac-12 conference championship game*?

can they still play with the raiders playing there ?

*if played

Will be home field for one of the schools.

The seventh and final week will feature all twelve teams in action highlighted by the Pac-12 Football Championship Game, presented by 76®, on December 18, which this year will take place in a home-hosted format

https://pac-12.com/article/2020/10/03/pac-12-announces-2020-football-schedule

Archived