2016 -- and Beyond -- Basketball Recruiting

All Hail

i thought he might stick since he's a garfield kid but i'd certainly love to get him. with losing boucher and (the likelihood keeps going up) bell i thought we might be after an additional big man (alongside mccoy, hopefully) but i keep forgetting we snagged paul white, that former top 50 georgetown transfer. if we can land mccoy, mccoy/KBW/white/cage should make for a good inside rotation.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PapaG said:

Another UDub recruit asks for release.  His final two were Oregon and Washington.  Watch him go to Gonzaga.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1765841-uw-signee-daejon-davis-asks-out-of-his-loi?s=128

He committed to UW when we landed 4* SG Victor Bailey.  I don't know if he's changed his mind on wanting to compete with another incoming Fr.  I'd gladly take both, but honestly I think Bailey is going to blow up at UO.  Kids game is still raw, but he reminds me a lot of Westbrook.  He's an athletic freak, I've seen multiple dunks by him with his head above the rim.  

I'm hopeful we still land McCoy, and I've been hearing we will be getting a big time stretch 4 grad transfer.

On 4/1/2017 at 6:23 AM, All Hail said:

Davis is probably heading to Stanford.

McCoy is not going to UNLV, he's been an Oregon silent for months now.  I'm surprised you don't know this.

I hope you're right.  McCoy and Brown would be awesome together.

Jemarl Baker is leaning towards Utah right now, which means a commit to Arizona is eminent.

There have been hints on the UCLA board that Lavar Ball is kind of dictating offers for UCLA, at the guard spot, because of Liangelo. We are seeing the price of Lonzo, if true.

I've heard that too. Some strange rumors floating around right now, including KBW redshirting to refine his game to better his chances at an eventual NBA shot. Sounded like fan bunk to me, but I've heard it from two very different places so..? 

I thought we'd be a bit thin up front even with Landale if KBW redshirted, but outside of Cage and hopefully McCoy I keep forgetting about Paul White. That's 4 guys 6'9 or taller, and Keith Smith played Brooks' role at the 4 pretty well defensively in a limited role this year.

On 4/7/2017 at 9:22 AM, glduck said:

i'm completely disinterested in new mexico grad transfer elijiah brown. seems like a chucker on a bad team. am i wrong? 

Why?  He shot over 40% from 3 last year and avg 21 a game, and this year he avg over 18 a game.  He'll be asked to replace Dorsey, who avg 12 a game, as the 3-4th option until the tourney.  He's not being asked to be a star, just a role player.

based on what i've read up on him, he's just a volume shooter, and not an overly efficient one. in a terrible 1-bid conference he shot a considerably lower % from the floor than any duck save for charlie noebel, our beloved walk-on. by all reports he's disinterested in defense and served a suspension last year for lack of effort. beyond all that, though, does his game translate from ball-hog chucker to a 3rd or 4th option on a team with its sights on the tournament? (i'm asking, i don't know. but nothing about him screams can't-miss transfer)

On April 5, 2017 at 8:09 AM, glduck said:

has anyone seen much of jock landale? could he fit alongside mccoy, or would we be looking at a starter/reserve tandem?

Is he related to Lance Champion?  Butch Studman?

Archived