players declaring for the nba draft thread

glduck

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

exactly!

and with a team invested heavily the next 4 years and (several hundred million dollars) with a high scoring, no-defense backcourt, we might as well embrace the fun and add a stretch 4 like markkanen and try to score 120 a game like houston does. we'll never be a top 4 seed (let alone a contender) with the way the front office has constructed the team we're stuck with for the forseaable future, might as well have some fun along the way and make the flawed product as entertaining as possible.

36 minutes ago, RogueDuck said:

Just like Baby Jordan and the little unit, the second coming rarely works out.  

Seems like an emotional argument, where you're just repulsed by hype.  LeBron, Durant, et. al had tons of hype, too.

No it's not emotional, although I could have stated my argument better.  

From what I've seen of him, he has a game perfect for college, but vs long athletic post he can't get his shot off.  The NBA if full of those guys, and I think he'll have a hard time being anything but a bench player.  It's the same way I feel about Dorsey and Brooks although I could see Brooks working on his came and becomeing a solid guard in the NBA.  

i see nurkic in the post, and markkanen playing away from the basket most of the time. stretch the floor, creating lanes for dame and cj, spacing, that sort of thing. basically what they were hoping aminu could provide from a stretch 4, only markkanen would be able to make his 3's. a 7 footer 18 feet or more from the basket doesn't need to worry about getting his shot off.

that said, we keep winning and we've firmly entrenched ourselves outside of the lottery, so getting markkanen would require a trade at this point. if we stick to what we got, i could live with BPA at 15 or 16 (whatever we end up with) and going after a stretch 4 later. both tj leaf and caleb swanigan will be available with our later picks. swanigan must be slow as shit because the kid can shoot and he's got a 7'4 wingspan but he's at the bottom of everyone's 1st round. our organization loves one dimensional white players who can only shoot, so i'm already banking on tyler lydon's name getting called.

37 minutes ago, RogueDuck said:

No it's not emotional, although I could have stated my argument better.  

From what I've seen of him, he has a game perfect for college, but vs long athletic post he can't get his shot off.  The NBA if full of those guys, and I think he'll have a hard time being anything but a bench player.  It's the same way I feel about Dorsey and Brooks although I could see Brooks working on his came and becomeing a solid guard in the NBA.  

Brooks and Bell are bench players, Dorsey isn't even D-League material. 

i like moe harkless at the 3 (good/cheap) and we need a 4 in the worst way, but this draft is PF heavy and we can probably find a good one with one of our picks in the 20s. i wouldn't mind taking a good, long look at justin jackson with our mid-teens pick if we do take a BPA approach. it was just one game, but i liked how he could elevate to get his shot off with a defender all over him and his endless array of floaters. that shit is impossible to defend.  

obligatory: where we'll be picking nobody is likely to ever become a star.

Archived